Greetings all

Blackberry storm, tried to record calls using the Radio shack call recorder device which worked on my old Motorola Razor.

Did not work as some of you may know. Here is the kicker.

I set out to find the reason, pulled open the Radio shack device, basically a mixer which feeds to a single channel mic output.

Looked at the mic out from my headset on oscope, No signal???!! This explains why the recorder only records one side of the phone call, the other party, and not your voice.

Turns out the Storm uses the phone mic, instead of the headset mic!!

To test this, I disconnected the mic out from my headset. Same results, records the other party, not me, but we carried on a conversation.

Then I placed the Storm in a sound proof enclosure (foam box) and tried again.

This time my party could not hear me!!

Is there a way to have the audio in redirected from the phones mic to the audio input jack??

Thanks
    05-21-09 01:16 PM
    That Doesnt make sense. Why then do the wired headsets have a mic in them.

Have you tried with another wired headset to see if yours is just faulty?
    05-21-09 02:23 PM
    Turns out the Storm uses the phone mic, instead of the headset mic!!
    This can't be right. Most times when folks have a headset connected to their phone, the phone and its mic are not close enough to their mouth to collect the sound so the sounds are collected via the headset's mic. Must be a hardware issue here, whether it be your BB or the device you are using.
    05-21-09 03:18 PM
    Solution as posted in another thread.

Greetings all

See my last post for more details.

By removing the mic output line on the Radioshack cell phone recorder, and
    biasing the tip via 3.8k to 3 volts you can now record on the Storm!!!

Works like a champ

Off for weekend see ya Tuesday
    05-21-09 04:31 PM
    so it was the recorder not the storm
    05-21-09 07:20 PM
    Greetings all

Yes I tried two different headsets, same results.

Seems the BB storm (maybe just my storm) holds the mic input at ground. Which does not allow the headset mic to
    register.
    05-26-09 09:13 AM
    I did the foam box test with out the radioshack recorder in place. Just the headset. Made 4 calls to verify what I was seeing.

Anyone else try the foam box test?
    05-26-09 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD