can this be done on the storm?
    01-22-09 07:21 PM
    Lord, I hope not.
    01-22-09 07:23 PM
    I know you can take voice notes and send them to others using BB Messenger, but I don't think you can record regular phone conversations. There would be some legal ramifications to that I'm sure.
    01-22-09 07:26 PM
    You can if you start the voice recorder and stick it up to the speaker of the other phone you are trying to record the conversation off of.
    01-22-09 07:26 PM
    You can if you start the voice recorder and stick it up to the speaker of the other phone you are trying to record the conversation off of.
    That's not what the OP was asking...
    01-22-09 07:33 PM
    I know you can take voice notes and send them to others using BB Messenger, but I don't think you can record regular phone conversations. There would be some legal ramifications to that I'm sure.
    Although it's not legal in some States (in the US, not sure about abroad) it is a common phone feature. Some phones record both you and the other person while some only record the other person.
    01-22-09 07:34 PM
    there will probably be an App eventually... good for crazy girlfriends and psycho ex wives i guess? But laws for recording conversations are pretty strict and vary for each state..

but answer to your question is... not yet. We dont even have an app store!!
    01-22-09 07:35 PM
    Holy wiretap act Batman!!!!
    01-22-09 07:36 PM
    You can record a conversation as long as you notify the other party. Call Verizon and that's one of the messages they play before picking up the phone.

Also, here in California, I believe only one person in the conversation needs to know about the recording to be legit.
    01-22-09 07:44 PM
    if you're one of the people in the conversation you can legaly record it without notifying the other party or parties. I used to be able to do that with an old sprint phone and was hoping I could with this one too..
    01-22-09 07:49 PM
    No recorded phone conversation will be held up in court unless all parties consented to be recorded in a civil lawsuit.

Criminal courts have different rules and depends on the state on recorded conversations and consent.
    01-22-09 07:49 PM
    I want the same app, I need to to record directions, numbers, instructions while driving. Think about it. Someone wants to give to directions, you press a button record the directions, then play them back as you need them. Its not to just record someone for no reason.
    01-22-09 07:53 PM
    The last time I remembered that I was able to record phone conversations was back 5-6 years ago on an old non-smartphone LG phone which was very nice lol. Funny, even the top of the notch smartphones don't have this feature lol. grr
    01-22-09 08:01 PM
    Do a search.

This topic has been discussed plenty of times already.
    01-22-09 08:05 PM
    most phones now just allow you to record your side of the conversation but even with that you can repeat the directions and record then in your own voice.
    01-22-09 08:06 PM
    I had the voyager and it allowed you to record both sides.
    01-22-09 08:12 PM
    i do not know how to on the storm but as for being legal it is a feature availible on most other phones, my lg voyager came with the ability to record calls
    01-22-09 08:39 PM
    Palm has an application that I used.
    It helped to prove abusive threats and lying by one party against another in a court case.
    Upon presenting the calls to the abusive party's attorney, he agreed settle out of court.
    It is called Call Record.
    It documents the other party's number or name I'd they are in your address book, the time the call was started, length of call and date.
    The call is saved as an mp3 file and can easily be emailed or transferred to a computer file.
    Both parties are recorded.
    It can be programmed to record all calls, all outgoing, all incoming or just certain calls.
    Pretty nice to have as backup in the case of he said-she said arguments.
    Too bad bb doesn't have this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 09:34 PM
    No recorded phone conversation will be held up in court unless all parties consented to be recorded in a civil lawsuit.

Criminal courts have different rules and depends on the state on recorded conversations and consent.
    Wrong. I am in the business. State laws vary, but many, including NY where I am from, allow recorded conversations so long as one party consents. The second party does not have to be notified of the recording. It is admissible in all courts including civil. It's done regularly.
    There are many threads about apps recorded conversations. Funny how every one ends up being a debate on the legality of recordings rather than the app availability.
    01-23-09 07:18 AM
    Do a search.

Blow me.... no need in you even posting such a stupid comment.... This is a forum and I asked a question, moron....
    01-23-09 07:21 AM
    if you're one of the people in the conversation you can legaly record it without notifying the other party or parties. I used to be able to do that with an old sprint phone and was hoping I could with this one too..
    Sorry, but this is an incorrect statement. Federal and State laws vary on this.
    01-23-09 07:22 AM
    Do a search.

People like you really tick me off... You really feel the need to say that after this thread has filled up with almost 20 good replies. Sad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 08:17 AM
    I'd love to set a ring back tone to "This call may be recorded for quality assurance"!
    01-23-09 08:31 AM
    Sorry, but this is an incorrect statement. Federal and State laws vary on this.
    You say it's incorrect but you say state laws vary... In VA "It shall not be a criminal offense under this chapter for a person to intercept a wire, electronic or oral communication, where such person is a party to the communication or one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception." So actually, wardo5757 wasn't necessarily wrong, it just depends on what state he is referring to...
    Last edited by vtbert3; 01-23-09 at 08:54 AM.
    01-23-09 08:51 AM
    I would love to have this feature also. I owned 2 phones 3 years ago that could record a conversation. It was great for when someone was giving you directions over the phone, you would never have to write it down.
    01-23-09 09:15 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD