Ok, my wife and I have 9530's from verizon and some email addresses keep showing up in her recipient cache that she claims she has sent no emails to. Verizon techs were baffled when asked about it. (yes, this is a bone of contention, so finding some resolution to this would be great lol). Also, we are using BIS.

Now, this is my understanding of the recipient cache. Anytime you enter an email address into a "To" or "CC" field for one of the email addresses you receive emails from, it gets logged into the recipient cache. Those addresses are only removed when the battery is pulled (random reboots and reboots as a result of software installs/removal does not clear the recipient cache).

Now, if my understanding is correct, then there should be absolutely no way for those email addresses to get in there without an email being sent to them. Correct?

Can anyone think of even so much as a reasonable hypothesis as to how an address could get into the recipient cache by any other means, without the user intentionally inserting it? (keep in mind, the address in question is not on her contact list or stored anywhere else on her phone).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
    04-06-09 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD