So I can receive MMS messages from other people on Verizon, but I cant from any other carrier. I am currently running .151 OS, any idea's? I did search a little bit and a battery pull doesnt fix this. I have never been able receive MMS from ATT since the release of the Storm.
    08-26-09 08:50 AM
    So I can receive MMS messages from other people on Verizon, but I cant from any other carrier. I am currently running .151 OS, any idea's? I did search a little bit and a battery pull doesnt fix this. I have never been able receive MMS from ATT since the release of the Storm.
    I'm on Verizon and have two family members on ATT and I receive their MMS just fine. My daughter had this problem with her new phone on ATT and it took many trips into the store to get hers working. Good luck---it can be crazy making. It may take some working with Verizon. Perhaps someone will also chime in here with a setting change that can be made on your phone that may help you.
    08-26-09 09:19 AM
    I'm on Verizon and have two family members on ATT and I receive their MMS just fine. My daughter had this problem with her new phone on ATT and it took many trips into the store to get hers working. Good luck---it can be crazy making. It may take some working with Verizon. Perhaps someone will also chime in here with a setting change that can be made on your phone that may help you.
    Very odd, yeah im hoping its just a setting. But I cant seem to find it

I just had two co-workers mms me (one on Sprint and one on AT&T) and I got neither
    08-26-09 10:23 AM
    can you MMS them?

ask them to try to MMS another friend who has VZW on a different device, see if it goes through...

is this only one person you can't recieve MMS from? or many people? on the same carrier or all on different?
    08-26-09 11:39 AM
    god, i feel like i'm back at tech support for VZW again...i do NOT miss it, except on pay day!
    08-26-09 11:40 AM
    This is all and every ATT and Sprint contact I have, I cant get MMS from them, but I CAN send them to them and it works. Im stumped.
    08-26-09 11:46 AM
    i'd call VZW and create a trouble ticket...make sure you have specific phone numbers available, and date/time when they tried to send it
    08-26-09 11:51 AM
    i'd call VZW and create a trouble ticket...make sure you have specific phone numbers available, and date/time when they tried to send it
    Yeah ill do that tonight. Have you ever heard of this issue before?
    08-26-09 11:52 AM
    I MIGHT go back to .148 tonight and see if that fixes the issue. Ill update this thread with results.
    08-26-09 11:53 AM
    Yeah ill do that tonight. Have you ever heard of this issue before?
    it happens occasionially, it's something that the NRB can fix, nothing that we can do here for you at CB, and not really something that VZW tech can fix, all they can do is verify settings and programming, and submit a trouble ticket...
    08-26-09 12:05 PM
    it happens occasionially, it's something that the NRB can fix, nothing that we can do here for you at CB, and not really something that VZW tech can fix, all they can do is verify settings and programming, and submit a trouble ticket...
    Well I called last night and got a trouble ticket started. She told me this is a common problem they see with ported numbers; meaning a number that was brought over from aother carrier.

She told me it would take 5-6 days to get this resolved and they would be calling me when the problem was solved. Ill update again when I hear back from them.
    08-27-09 08:13 AM
    Sounds good Dream, let us know how you make out.
    08-27-09 08:16 AM
    Ok so im bumping this for the update.

I ended up calling VZW back last weekend because I still hadent heard anything about my ticket and I still could not receive MMS messages. The rep told me they were still looking into it and my ticket was still open. 2 days later I get an MMS with a pic that said "test" on it. Ever since then I have been able to get MMS messages.

Moral of the story, if you cant get MMS messages and you have a ported number, call customer service, explain the problem, and they will fix the issue. It might take a few weeks, but its definetly something they have to do behind the scene's.
    09-14-09 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD