Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Received brand new replacement (not refurbished)-now number 3 is on the way!

Received my replacement Monday and it was a brand new one. Problem with this one was there is absolutely no click on the bottom left portion of the screen. Three other corners clicked evenly, but not the bottom left. Also had difficulty recognizing the touch anywhere on the screen.

Called today and received the tracking number that another brand new one, a third one, is on its way.

Stay tuned...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kramer2750 View Post
    Received my replacement Monday and it was a brand new one. Problem with this one was there is absolutely no click on the bottom left portion of the screen. Three other corners clicked evenly, but not the bottom left. Also had difficulty recognizing the touch anywhere on the screen.

Called today and received the tracking number that another brand new one, a third one, is on its way.

Stay tuned...
    How did you go about getting the CS rep to order you a new retail storm as a replacement?
    CrackBerry User

I got my second one on the way. I had no click on the lower left half as well. Plus the phone locked up like crazy all the time. I just called them up and told them what I was going through and they placed it no problem. I asked if it was a new one and she said yes and it will come in a retail box and to just send all the other accessories I got back.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    304BBF2D

My third is being shipped tomorrow as well.

My first had clicking problems, and my current, first replacement has two defective buttons.
    CrackBerry User

i just got my 3rd brand new storm. i also had the problem with no click in the lower left corner
    CrackBerry Abuser

Question

They are sending me a new replacement as well. I asked 3 times that I will be getting a new, non refurb. They assured me it was new. I have no click in bottom right corner. Are they new ones any better as far as the screen is concerned?
    CrackBerry Addict

these things are like the xbox360s of the blackberry world
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27f37c90

I don't know the future of the storm.
    CrackBerry User

I got my second storm today and of course it has issues. I am wondering since I got my origional on the 21st if my 30 day new replacement period restarts when i get my second one?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yea, this is getting ridiculous. Awesome phone. Such a wonderful device. Without a doubt the best phone I have EVER used. However, quality control is... out of control I guess you would say. They need to fix it fast. I think they are working on it based on this refurb I just got.
    CrackBerry User

I agree.. I love the phone and I think it is layed out really well, but the quality is ridiculous. I am still wondering should I visit the store or call customer service tomorrow.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,863 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH ME.

I got a brand new replacement in the original box sealed and all, and the device works flawlessly. You don't necessarily need a refurb to have a fixed screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com