Hi all.
    First time poster and first time BB owner...

I have been following all these threads and i know all about the random reboots by personal experience.

But i noticed that most of my reboots occur when the screen is dimmed out, and i press the screen down while the storm is laying flat on a table. Sometimes the screen doesn't light up when i press it, so i pick it up and realize its rebooting. anyone notice this?
    12-05-08 02:11 PM
    yes, it just happened to me for the first time

neone hav a solution?
    12-05-08 10:29 PM
    Yup. A visit to your local Verzion store. (Sorry I just couldn't help it.) What do you wanna be that my Storm will start doing this now.
    12-05-08 11:19 PM
    Yes. I had a replacement sent to me for this exact problem. The replacement did the same thing (indicating a software problem, not hardware) plus the replacement had the screen click issue. So I kept my original storm and sent back the replacement. Hopefully we will have a fix for this in some future OS update. Til then, as annoying as it is, I wont give up my storm for this issue.
    12-06-08 06:43 AM
    Same problem but mine finally died completely tried everything know on here to get it to power back up and no go got my replacement and no issues yet
    12-06-08 08:26 AM
    Mine has done it, too. Since the day I got it and even after the supposed "miracle" update that would fix that problem. I have a new phone on the way to replace this one. We'll see if that fixes it???
    12-06-08 08:39 AM
    count me in, this is the only thing keeping me from loving this phone. making me want to take it back
    12-06-08 02:26 PM
    im glad to know that its just not mine.

i want to love this phone... it has so much potential. fortunately i am not having as many problems as others, just this one,... and a slow camera.
    12-08-08 10:48 AM
    12-08-08 10:51 AM
    All of the above AND a very hot battery. It rebooted 15 times yesterday afternoon, with 3-4 mins to come back up, frustration city. VZW is shipping another. Will keep the original until certain that the new one solves the issue - this one is like 4-days old.

Do not want to give the phone up, BUT!!! at 15 reboots, it's a serious problem.
    12-09-08 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD