there was a blackberry buy back thing in nov where if you turned in your old blackberry youd get a certain amount of money towards your new storm.

did anyone hear of this? do this?

i never received anything for my old phone, i was suppose to get 120 bucks
    12-27-08 04:38 PM
    never heard of this at all . . .
    12-27-08 04:43 PM
    looks like you are screwed my friend
    12-27-08 06:08 PM
    there was a blackberry buy back thing in nov where if you turned in your old blackberry youd get a certain amount of money towards your new storm.

did anyone hear of this? do this?

i never received anything for my old phone, i was suppose to get 120 bucks
    Are you talking about the Blackberry FlipSwap Promotion? If so, I did this with my old phone and traded it towards my Storm. Received my check last week.
    12-27-08 06:32 PM
    how long did it take to get your check about?

BlackBerry Trade Up Program
    12-27-08 06:34 PM
    Yeah if your talking about the FlipSwap program you can log in to the site and check the status of it.
    12-27-08 06:35 PM

That isn't the FlipSwap page. This is The BlackBerry Trade Up Program gives you cash towards the purchase of a new BlackBerry Smartphone: Home
    12-27-08 06:37 PM
    Wish I had known about this BEFORE I lent my friend my old Pearl and his dog got to it.
    12-27-08 06:51 PM

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but does anyone know how long it takes to get a check? I am seriously thinking of selling my Storm to them. They are currently offering $219.23 and I am thinking of taking it so I can buy the Samsung Saga... I miss my windows mobile and I miss a physical keyboard! So how about it? Anyone know how long it takes to get your money?
    Last edited by scougarb; 01-26-09 at 06:15 AM. Reason: typed in wrong amount
    01-26-09 06:15 AM
    Flipswap quoted $71 and gave me $26. Similar with my bro. Quoted him $68 and gave him $21.

I am sure a few have had success with FlipSwap, but for the most part, they are a SCAM. My brother and I both sent Blackberry phones in within a few weeks of each other that were in excellent condition and they gave me 30% of what they quoted and 25% of what they quoted to my bro. The phones were only a few months old because we changed carriers for our entire company within a few months of getting our 2 phones. Near new condition and no reason whatsoever to reduce the value. Search the web and you will see that hundreds of others have been scammed as well. Wish I would have researched. Its not the $50+ I am upset about, its the scam I hate.
    01-01-10 09:27 AM
    There are just so many scams out their you have to be VERY careful. I feel more comfortable selling a phone via Kijiji, CraigsList(Backround check and Carrier confirm on the phones status) and maybe another local Listing, where you can exchange and sell in person.

I know here(In Canada) Best Buy and Future Shop, if you upgrade your old phone they will quote you a price on your old phone and take that quote(Instant rebate I believe) off your HUP. I asked about my Curve 8900 and I believe it was about 112 or 120 something.

But, I ended up selling my Curve on my local Kijiji for 270.00 and put THAT money towards a 300.00 used Storm, Lol, I got it unlocked and everything so went about 50 over, but saved 360 dollars from purchasing a new one.

But those places where they send it in, or quote and see? ...Not feeling it.
    01-01-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD