While attempting to back up my storm through the desktop manager it goes fine until the part where it says "backing up on-board device memory". The blue bar does move ever so slightly every few minutes but here I am on the current attempt and we're about half an hour in and the bar is about an 1/8th the way accross. A couple times I've given up b/c i want to play with some of the other phone features. Does this process usually take so much time? Will it always? My 8830 back up was really quick. Is it because I did a data transfer from the 8830 to the storm? Just curious.
    Thanks
    Mike
    12-09-08 12:01 PM
    Just a quick up date, we are really cruising now. About 40 minutes in the little blue bar started moving about one pixel every 3 seconds or so. At this rate we should have a full backup in a little over an hour. I don't know if I'll be backing up all that often at this rate. Still, I love the phone though.
    12-09-08 12:21 PM
    Mine is slower than my pearl, but not near that slow, i'm talking maybe 2 minutes tops, do you have mtp on and encyption off in options>memory?
    12-09-08 12:25 PM
    Yup, encryption says none and mtp is on. At any rate the backup finished after an agonizing 1:10 so I guess I'm good for a little while. And a little releaved to have a solid backup finally. Maybe its this crappy lap top? I don't know. Something is screwey though. Mike
    12-09-08 12:42 PM
    Yeah, that's not right.

I have hundreds of contacts and 5 years worth of calendar info (about 3500 entries, imported from my old device) and mine backs up in under 2 min (never timed it though).
    12-09-08 12:50 PM
    bump, was this problem every figured out?
    12-10-08 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD