My boyfriend was telling me his BB kept freezing up on him and he had to do battery pulls. Duh me, I'm running .114 V2 hybrid and he's running .114 cause I forgot to do the hybrid with his also. So I'm sitting here putting the hybrid on his phone. Things are going smooth, everything's done okay, service books sent, *228 option 1 and 2 and a battery pull. I then go to his home screen and notice his calendar events are not showing on his Today theme when they were just showing on there a few minutes ago. So I do another battery pull and resend the service books again. Still nothing. Mean while I pick up my BB to check something out and I put my finger on the calendar icon on my Hidden Today Theme and my calendar events don't show up either and I haven't done anything different with my BB. Both our events are still showing in the time slots when I go into the calendar and we both are only running one e-mail. Seriously WTF??? How in the world did this happen to both our phones at the exact same time, one having a new OS put on and one doing nothing? GRRR!
    03-28-09 02:11 AM
    lol! My calendar just f'd up too! I had all entries under one default email account. Somehow all the entries moved to a different email account, and 90% of them are now duplicated under "default calendar" which wasn't there before.
    03-28-09 02:26 AM
    This is crazy! I'm running .113 and my calendar events aren't showing up either. My SMS and my email show up fine.
    03-28-09 02:29 AM
    Check under calendar options and see if the correct email address has your entries.
    03-28-09 02:30 AM
    Are you guys using Google Sync? I had the same problem -- Sync was doing something weird to my entries (either deleting them upon sync if they weren't added after the last sync, or otherwise making them not show up), so I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Sync and that appears to have fixed it. I think the problem is somehow conjoined between Google Sync and .114, since it was after my update to .114 that I noticed it as well.
    03-28-09 02:37 AM
    Are you guys using Google Sync? I had the same problem -- Sync was doing something weird to my entries (either deleting them upon sync if they weren't added after the last sync, or otherwise making them not show up), so I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Sync and that appears to have fixed it. I think the problem is somehow conjoined between Google Sync and .114, since it was after my update to .114 that I noticed it as well.
    I was just wondering if anyone else was using Sync, but I'm still on .75. It's also trying to f with my Outlook entries.
    03-28-09 02:38 AM
    I'm still using the @vzw.blackberry.net E-mail. All my calendar events are manually put in by me.

However when I put in an event in my calendar now it shows up, but my other events that were already set it still aren't
    Last edited by AngelRock; 03-28-09 at 03:10 AM.
    03-28-09 03:05 AM
    So does anyone have a clue why this is happened? No I am not using google sync and do not have more than one E-mail address
    03-28-09 10:01 AM
    That is definitely odd, hope you Storm users get that straightened out. I'd check to see if it's ONLY the hybrid users having the problem.
    03-28-09 10:04 AM
    BMTENNEY had the same issue and was nice enough to put the fix on his blog...

Professor BM's Blackberry Tips and Tricks....

scroll down to duplicate calendar entries and there are step by step insrtuctions

03-28-09 10:12 AM
    BMTENNEY had the same issue and was nice enough to put the fix on his blog...

Professor BM's Blackberry Tips and Tricks....

scroll down to duplicate calendar entries and there are step by step insrtuctions

Thanks for the tip, looks like that should solve it easily.
    03-28-09 11:22 AM
    Actually this just happened to our calendars, too (my husband's and mine). I thought it had something to do with us changing our data plan with Verizon, but now it looks as though many people are having the same issue. Weird. When we found out we were paying too much for our data plan and had it changed, we got emails on our phones telling us that our emails had been updated, and that's when our calendars got messed up. It's a long shot, but could it have anything to do with them updating BIS? Didn't they just update it to BIS 2.6 or something like that? Could it have reset people's email addresses, also resetting calendars and what email they are associated with?
    03-28-09 11:46 AM
    Actually this just happened to our calendars, too (my husband's and mine). I thought it had something to do with us changing our data plan with Verizon, but now it looks as though many people are having the same issue. Weird. When we found out we were paying too much for our data plan and had it changed, we got emails on our phones telling us that our emails had been updated, and that's when our calendars got messed up. It's a long shot, but could it have anything to do with them updating BIS? Didn't they just update it to BIS 2.6 or something like that? Could it have reset people's email addresses, also resetting calendars and what email they are associated with?
    funny thing is that is that after i posted my above post, i too called verizon and changed data plans and it happened to me too

so... in your case, i think it is because of the change that verizon made.... mine was.

i deleted all my "default device" entries... uninstalled google synch and reinstalled and synched and all is well now
    03-28-09 11:49 AM
    funny thing is that is that after i posted my above post, i too called verizon and changed data plans and it happened to me too

so... in your case, i think it is because of the change that verizon made.... mine was.

i deleted all my "default device" entries... uninstalled google synch and reinstalled and synched and all is well now
    That's exactly what I had to do... I don't use google sync--I just use Outlook... but I had to reset the default calendar option to the email I enter calendar entries under... then had to delete the calendar entries and re-enter them. What a pain in the ****. Ha ha ha! I don't think my husband has done this yet, because he has a BUNCH of calendar entries that he'll need to fix.
    03-28-09 12:23 PM
    That's exactly what I had to do... I don't use google sync--I just use Outlook... but I had to reset the default calendar option to the email I enter calendar entries under... then had to delete the calendar entries and re-enter them. What a pain in the ****. Ha ha ha! I don't think my husband has done this yet, because he has a BUNCH of calendar entries that he'll need to fix.
    And wow... the word "but t" got edited out of my post! Hilarious!
    03-28-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD