FYI,

for those of you who were able (and not able) to read Hebrew on your Storm and were aggravated (like me) that you couldn't type Hebrew, well, below is where you can download and install. If you got to this post, you no longer have to continually search the forum - this is it!

I will also make it clear, I did not create the file, though I'm grateful to the person who did, who has been extremely helpful with my back-and-fwd questions regarding the now, none existent issue. Thank You CB Member "Smartmouth!!"

Get this file:

"9700 (BOLD-2) click here for OTA link for read/Write full Hebrew BOTH US(phonetic) AND ISRAEL KEYBOARDS. This works for the storm too"

"http://cheservices.com/blackberry/9700/9700typehebrew/9700_Full_Hebrew.jad"

from here: (Smartmouth's Site)

Hebrew for the Blackberry

Be sure to reboot after install.

By downloading the above named file, you will be able to Read and TYPE in Hebrew. It allows for easy switch between language inputs by pressing a small globe icon by the spacebar, AND it also corrects words. See the attached images i took from my berry (Storm 1).

enjoy!
    Last edited by Green_Laser; 04-08-10 at 04:04 PM. Reason: (Edited to include the screen-shots from my Storm)
    04-08-10 10:00 AM
    very nice.....
    was that in landscape or portrait mode?

i am going to update the site with more info later (i hope)
    04-08-10 03:56 PM
    very nice.....
    was that in landscape or portrait mode?

i am going to update the site with more info later (i hope)
    hey!

yeah, the virtual keyboard in Hebrew works both in portrait and in landscape :-)

works in BBM, email, sms, mms, browser... basically anywhere text can go.
    04-08-10 04:00 PM
    excellent. glad to be of service (free too)
    04-08-10 05:55 PM
    thanks dude.. I saw your site last year and have been eagerly waiting for your 5.x update... However, it doesn't work for me! The buttons where the letters should be are blank :-(
    The only button that actually has hebrew written in it is the spacebar, but its written backwards.
    I'm running a shrank OS based on .419, could that be the problem?

Thanks again!
    04-09-10 07:42 AM

Thanks again!

i'm on shrunken official .328 ... works flawlessly!
    04-09-10 08:23 AM
    I guess I'll try a downgrade, see if that works. Any chance the files will be updated sometime soon for newer OS versions?
    04-11-10 04:13 PM
    I guess I'll try a downgrade, see if that works. Any chance the files will be updated sometime soon for newer OS versions?

sorry, personally i cant help you there, but I would also like to know if this would work on Storm2 or if Storm2 already has Hebrew and doenst need this?? any1?
    04-12-10 12:02 PM
    nice,,,,thats soo cool,,,any other lanuages
    04-12-10 12:52 PM
    thanks dude.. I saw your site last year and have been eagerly waiting for your 5.x update... However, it doesn't work for me! The buttons where the letters should be are blank :-(
    The only button that actually has hebrew written in it is the spacebar, but its written backwards.

Thanks again!
    You need to do a battery pull after you have downloaded. I am on a shrunken 5.xxx hybrid and it works great.

Thanks to the Green Laser for putting this out there for all of us to use!
    04-13-10 12:00 PM
    well guys iv been trying for 2 days to install that link the download keeps failing...iv allso tryed the desktop loader with no luck....
    i have a storm 2 9520
    can any one tall me what im doing wrong????
    05-12-10 01:57 PM
    oh by the way the os 5.0.0497.....
    05-12-10 01:58 PM
    oh by the way the os 5.0.0497.....

heh
    i was just about to ask you which OS you're running.

i can tell you for sure 100% that it works with a Storm2 - but with latest OS - .607 i believe.
    i have a storm 1, but went twice to different VZW stores and played with a Storm2 and downloaded it the same way i did onto my S1 and was able to type in hebrew with no problem... the only bug i could notice was that when looking at hebrew keyboard, "Space Bar" was "rab ecaps" (the word spacebar in hebrew was backwards) - but typing was just fine.

hopefully that works out for you. if not, could be the link - if the case, contact "smartmouth" CB member.
    05-12-10 04:39 PM
    Hi All

Thanks for sharing the hebrew files.

Can you please help me with the installation?
    I have BB Storm 9530 with OS 5.0.0.328 and I'm unable to install the hebrew files at all.

I don't have dataplan so I can't use the OTA JAR file but I did try to download the JAR file, put it with all the cod files and run it manualy from the device but it keep saying "Download Failed".

I also tried to download the PC version from cheservices.com site with the alx and cod files but App Loader always pop up error message saying that it can't add it to my apps list since it not competible with my device or already exist.

Can you please advice me what to do?

Thanks in advance
    06-29-10 01:06 PM
    Hi All

Thanks for sharing the hebrew files.

Can you please help me with the installation?
    I have BB Storm 9530 with OS 5.0.0.328 and I'm unable to install the hebrew files at all.

I don't have dataplan so I can't use the OTA JAR file but I did try to download the JAR file, put it with all the cod files and run it manualy from the device but it keep saying "Download Failed".

I also tried to download the PC version from cheservices.com site with the alx and cod files but App Loader always pop up error message saying that it can't add it to my apps list since it not competible with my device or already exist.

Can you please advice me what to do?

Thanks in advance
    How do you have an activated BB without a dataplan?
    07-06-10 02:33 PM
    Hi,

I read in this forum how to activate it by typing some code into the dailer and chaning one parameter to your cell phone number and since then it doesn't say anything about activation.

I got new OS5 Rom including Hebrew inside and it worked on one device I hope that it will work on the other one too.

Thanks for your response anyway.
    07-14-10 10:52 AM
    Desktop Manager 6 adds Hebrew support for both reading and writing. No codes and no special tweaks are required.
    It works perfectly. Well done RIM!
    08-03-10 11:52 PM
    Desktop Manager 6 adds Hebrew support for both reading and writing. No codes and no special tweaks are required.
    It works perfectly. Well done RIM!
    halleluya!!!
    yofi, this is great!
    thanks for taking the time to clear that up!
    08-05-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD