Hey All,

OK, so as you have all noticed, the Storm forums are CRAZY busy these days. I don't have the exact stats, but I'd venture that nearly half of the new forum posts being made in the CrackBerry forums are falling into Storm forum.

That said, I want to try and get things better organized for all of you in here so it's easier to find what you're looking for and so we also have places for specific types of discussions.

To that end, I've created three new subforums:
    - Storm OS/OS Beta Discussion
    - Storm Rants & Raves Forum
    - Storm 3rd Party Apps Forum

and of course the "main forum" still exists, which will remain for general device questions, help, discussion and popular topics that emerge.

I think these three sub-forums are a good start. I don't want to create "too many" sub forums, but these three seem to make sense and are very distinct - it's easy to tell when you should be posting into these sub forums and you also know what types of threads you'll find when you click into them.

Compared to the rest of the CrackBerry forums, the Storm forums seem to be quite "heated" in nature. Opinions vary on the Storm, and people voice them. To me it's not the Storm forums that are heated, but these types of threads where people get offensive/defensive. The Rants & Raves forum is where these threads belong. This way the rest of the Storm forums can stick to the topics at hand, and leave out the "feelings". Regardless, people should always be treating others in a respectful manner in here.

Our moderation team will move existing threads to the appropriate sub forum over the days ahead, but in the meantime I encourage everyone to start using them appropriately.

If you have any other suggestions for better organization on these forums, feel free to drop it below. And don't forget to step outside the Storm forum. Things like Accessories, Themes, etc. will still belong in the main forum outside of this Storm forum, so you will want to be venturing out of here to make sure you don't miss anything!

All the best!

Kevin
    12-24-08 09:12 AM
    An excellent start! Looking forward to the migration of the exsisting threads. Take your time with such a difficult task guys, this CB (sub Storm fanboy) understands these things take time.

Happy Holidays all!
    12-24-08 09:17 AM
    Good idea Kevin.

Can we create a separate UK forum and Yank forum as well, I seriously dont want to hear about Verizon again ?

ONLY KIDDING ....... I LOVE YOU USA GUYS. I REALLY DO !
    12-24-08 09:20 AM
    That's a great start Kevin to cleaning things up around here.

Might I suggest a "Storm Help" forum? There seems to be a lot of newbies coming on the forum to post a help question.

If all the help topics were in one forum, then maybe it would make it easier to find a specific help topic. Of course folks will say to search, but sometimes the search function is not all that helpful.

Anyways, just a suggestion.

Happy Holidays to everyone!
    12-24-08 09:26 AM
    Storm FAQ Forum. Yeah, that might be good for sure.

The main forum should be for general "advice/help/etc", but an FAQ could be solid.

Only issue is that the main forum does have an FAQ forum, so new to BB Storm owners should be checking that out.

But we could do a Storm specific FAQ as well.
    12-24-08 09:28 AM
    Great idea kevin ! Things were getting a little cluttered

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 09:28 AM
    Okay.. thats great and all... But...

what will the main part of the forum be used for?
    12-24-08 09:31 AM
    Can you remind all the newbies (including me) that there is the newbies link up above? (Question mark in the orange circle)

There is plenty to read and might clean up the forums if they all actually read it.
    12-24-08 09:39 AM
    I answered that above ClassaN0va..gotta read my friend!

"and of course the "main forum" still exists, which will remain for general device questions, help, discussion and popular topics that emerge."

there's still a ton of stuff that will go into the main forum. you'll see.. just watch
    12-24-08 09:39 AM
    I'm glad someone saw my suggestion :-). I think this will be a great addition. Thank you and happy holidays.

12-24-08 09:40 AM
    How about setting this up so anyone who is new to the site can only access the forums by asking a question first. No posting until 100 questions have been asked. LOL
    12-24-08 09:45 AM
    Thanks............
    12-24-08 10:45 AM
    Hopefully this will help with the new forum users.

Also should help with keeping things tidy as well!!
    12-24-08 10:53 AM
    Great idea Kevin, this will definitely help people get to their answers quicker and will clean much of the clutter up.
    12-24-08 10:59 AM
    cool beans
    12-24-08 11:05 AM
    Good Idea!!!
    12-24-08 11:19 AM
    Good Job Keven! This forum definatly got cluttered with people voicing there opinons (or typing) lol. Good work!
    12-24-08 11:41 AM
    thanks Kevin...this will help a bunch

Happy Holidays
    12-24-08 11:41 AM
    Thanks! Was wondering where some of my posts disappeared to today, and then I realized it was more organized. Looking good!
    12-24-08 11:56 AM
    Thanks for making it more user friendly and readable. Merry x-mas all!

12-24-08 12:09 PM
    I agree. I knew this was a good idea the moment it was mentioned. Now we just have to get everyone acclimated to the new layout.
    12-24-08 12:36 PM
    I love that idea Kevin! The forums are going to be much
    more orderly now! And we won't have to see 20 ANY NEW
    THEMEZ 4 DA ST0RM!??!1 threads
    12-24-08 01:28 PM
    I know the UK guy was joking, but it may be a good idea. Even though the phones are "the same" the OS are different, the carriers are different and the issues, tips, etc. are likely to be different. Of course they'd be open to anyone to wants to view/post, but it may be easier to navigate if they are separate as well. Just my .02.
    12-24-08 01:34 PM
    Ahhhh much better already, Thanks!
    12-24-08 04:03 PM
    Thanks much for additions. Now that CB has done their part maybe we can do better as a community new and old.

12-24-08 05:15 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD