So I am curious I was sold on the storm over my curve due to the rev a speeds. I like to stream music on ny curve currently use moodio but quality is a major issue as it maxes out at 54kbps. Does raphsody offer radio type service? I'm trying to justify the 14.99 extra charge.
    Rev a speeds with xplayer I could easily hit shoutcast radio with high quality.
    This is all speculating the slacker service will cost money the same.as xm.
    Bottom line is the raphsody service worth it? I enjoy the idea of having thousands of cds ready to stream and if radio is available this might be worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 05:03 PM
    Slacker will be free BTW, so don't let that put you off. I have rhapsody, and while it has radio stations, I'm doubtful that these are accessible via streaming. I think you have to attach your media player (in this case blackberry) to the computer, the rhapsody software sees the device, and transfers the music over to it over USB.

Again, I have not used Vcast-rhapsody, however I think it's just a rebranded version of rhapsody, and not really enhanced. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though...
    Last edited by c4v3man; 09-22-08 at 05:18 PM.
    09-22-08 05:15 PM
    Do you know the quality slacker will offer? Really not too concerned with streaming cds when I can just pt them on the memory card more interested in hq streaming radio!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 05:31 PM
    This is just a guess, but there is a decent chance that slacker won't actually stream to the phone, it may simply provide offline access to slacker radio. If you go to slacker.com, you can see their own player device, which downloads subscribed tracks periodically to the device. Verizon definitely has enough bandwidth to stream to your phone, but considering a limit of 5GB per month, they may not want you directly streaming music to the phone when they can simply provide the application to allow you to sync when you're at home.

The actual radio quality seems on average pretty good, I'd guess 128-160kbps wma type audio. Check it out online, it's free.

I'd like for someone else to chime in with further details on the slacker application for blackberries.
    09-22-08 05:37 PM
    This is just a guess, but there is a decent chance that slacker won't actually stream to the phone, it may simply provide offline access to slacker radio. If you go to slacker.com, you can see their own player device, which downloads subscribed tracks periodically to the device. Verizon definitely has enough bandwidth to stream to your phone, but considering a limit of 5GB per month, they may not want you directly streaming music to the phone when they can simply provide the application to allow you to sync when you're at home.

The actual radio quality seems on average pretty good, I'd guess 128-160kbps wma type audio. Check it out online, it's free.

I'd like for someone else to chime in with further details on the slacker application for blackberries.

I'd certainly like to know as well how it will be implemented, but at this point, i have seen NO more info on the slacker/bb app. :/
    09-22-08 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD