Sorry folks, have looked at other similar posts first, but no real answers... My daughter�s 9500 has started behaving bizarrely � it reboots itself frequently, when she�s doing something � or even when it's just sitting there.

You get the �Turning handheld off� message first. If you abort, it just waits a short while, then does it again. Any suggestions? She THINKS it worked OK for a little while after she charged it for about 4 hours, but only a little while, then did it again. Battery indicator is currently showing 3� bars.

And sometimes it behaves oddly � eg jumps to the menu screen without being asked; or unlock itself without user intervention.

Sometimes when it boots up, it shows O2 as the network, whereas normally it shows TESCO. Now I know TESCO uses the O2 network, but it does normally identify itself as TESCO. I don�t know if that�s important.

All help much appreciated!
    05-12-11 04:20 PM
    Do a backup of the data and applications then reload the OS.
    05-12-11 09:40 PM
    Do a backup of the data and applications then reload the OS.
    Thanks, but I'm not technically competent to do that, I'm afraid - unless there's an *****'s guide here somewhere?

I guess you think this is caused by some kind of corruption, rather than a hardware fault?
    05-13-11 02:51 AM
    Yes, probably by a software corruption or possibly the battery if it is 1 1/2 to 2 years old.

Here is a link on how to update:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Hogweed likes this.
    05-13-11 01:51 PM
    Yes, probably by a software corruption or possibly the battery if it is 1 1/2 to 2 years old.

Here is a link on how to update:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks, much appreciated... maybe I'll try a new battery first, as it IS 1�-2 years old...?
    05-13-11 04:29 PM
    Good luck!
    05-14-11 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD