So I think I might know a reason why this keeps happening, I've had it happen 3 times today. I've been reading on the forum and was thinking you were all crazy for having these, but I've noticed that the only time it happens to me is when I'm using another app (mainly media) and send a message or using the input system. I've been streaming Orb all day at work, and when I would a text or try to add someone's pin, it would reboot. Don't know if this helps but I'm curious if the input system has anything to do with this?
    12-15-08 02:20 PM
    I think on mine that the "thestreet.com" mobile app is the reason it was crashing. I took that off and it seems to not reboot anymore. Of course I already ordered a replacement, so wondering if I should cancel the order or just wait and test that and see what works better...
    12-15-08 02:34 PM
    I think on mine that the "thestreet.com" mobile app is the reason it was crashing. I took that off and it seems to not reboot anymore. Of course I already ordered a replacement, so wondering if I should cancel the order or just wait and test that and see what works better...
    TheStreet did have an update to 2.3.5 that I saw today (I don't know when it was released). Just wanted to mention that in case you wanted to give that a try.
    12-15-08 02:38 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/upc...e-read-113822/

And

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/you...eboots-115995/

It would seem that everyone that has been having a reboot issue and tried this, no longer has a reboot issue.
    Just my .02
    12-15-08 02:43 PM
    oddly enough i didn't start getting the random reboots until yesterday. haven't changed a thing. going to pull the sim and see if that helps. thanks for the advice.
    12-15-08 02:49 PM
    At least for me, I don't think the SIM card is the factor. I've had my Storm since last Wednesday and it reboots constantly. I just have to wait for the screen to time out and go black and then click it, and at least every 3rd time or so I do this the phone completely resets.

I called VZW Friday and they had me wipe the phone and reload. After talking with them I used JL_Cmdr to completely wipe and reinstall .75 with no luck. Saturday I called and they are sending me a replacement, should be here tomorrow.

I tried taking the SIM card out, and I see no difference, the phone still continues to reboot. I'm thinking there's some hardware issues involved as well, as least on the phone I have.
    12-16-08 06:48 AM
    I have been searching for this exact same problem. I thought it was app based, but I will try the hints in the above listed links.
    12-16-08 06:56 AM
    *removing sim did not fix it*

took out the sim last night and pulled the batter. on my way to work this morning just happened to look at the phone and sure enough it was rebooting itself. i wasn't doing anything on the phone at the time. luckily this only seems to happen once a day, if i catch it, and has not happened while i was using the phone. just seems to happen at random when at idle.

still love the storm though. just hope the issues get worked out soon.
    12-16-08 10:15 AM
    ^^^ did any of you with the random reboots try loading .76 on their storm? mine has done this twice, once when I was just hitting escape from BBM and a call was coming in, and the other totally random. Im thinking of upgrading to .76 to see if its the VZW .75 or actually a hardware issue.
    12-16-08 10:41 AM
    Looks like the explanation is that there isn't one. I am not having issues but 2 other colleagues are getting several reboots per day. This is with both .75 and .76. Also, they are running the same 3rd Party Apps as me.

One of them said he saw a call come in and flash on the screen b4 it crashed. I believe there are multiple defects that can cause the crash/reboot to manifest. My hunch is that they are mostly software related. It is unfortunate that a phone designed for business use is this unstable.
    12-16-08 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD