So I've had my Storm since December '08 and been one of the lucky ones, I guess, not really having any problems with it. Now though, I find I can play around on my phone all day long... texting, browsing, running apps... and the battery will slowly work it's way down. But if I'm on a phone call, it PLUMMETS. I mean most of day's worth of use may have brought it down to 50-60%... and then after a ten minute phone call, the low battery alarm is beeping at me?!? I know the battery is gonna lose the ability to hold a charge as I've used it over and over, but is the phone radio really that much more taxing on battery life than using it for data? Or could there be something wrong with it?

P.S. For what it's worth, I don't remember the OS number, but it's the official Verizon 5.0 version for the 9530.
    04-11-10 07:57 PM
    The radio pulls the most power from the battery. However, with your battery being right at 2 years old, you may just need a new battery. Every BB I have had generally needs a new battery between 18-24 months. You may want to invest in a new battery and see if it doesn't resolve the issue.
    04-11-10 08:29 PM
    I've talked on the Storm from a full charge and it lasted roughly 2 to 3 hours. The phone can still be used while hooked to a charger, but the radio does drain the battery quickly.
    04-11-10 11:12 PM
    Two to three hours wouldn't be bad at all... Right now I'd think I'd get maybe a 30-45 minute phone call on a full charge. I knew the battery would lose it's charge over time, but what's so shocking to me is the huge difference between voice and data... I just never would have guess voice used THAT much more battery charge than data did (before the battery started losing it's charge it was never noticeable like this). Oh well. Time to get a new battery, I suppose (though I'm only a few months away from being able to get a new phone ).
    04-12-10 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD