Hey everyone...just had a question about possible radio app...

I currently have flycast installed on my storm as well as slacker radio and I love slacker radio because I can listen to whatever I am in the mood for and its actually pretty easy to navigate unlike flycast. However, I keep flycast around because it lets me listen to certain major cities radio broadcasts... I am from Pittsburgh but just moved to North Carolina and was interested in Pittsburgh radio stations so I can listen to Pens games and then Steelers games in the fall. Does anyone know of any radio apps that lets you search by actual radio station or gives more cities!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    03-18-09 05:09 AM
    03-18-09 05:24 AM
    Says right in that artical it does not work with the Storm.
    03-18-09 06:48 AM
    I use it all the time on my storm. You have tp run it in compatibility mode. It ia kind of a pain navigating the menus but if you jave a certain station that you are looking for and put it in your favorites it is easier to get to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 08:02 AM
    In addition to Slacker Radio which is by far the best for music, I am using Moodio to fill the void of Slacker and iHeartRadio et el. Moodio provides a humongous list of radio stations WORLDWIDE. It also include sports radio stations and talk radio stations that neither Slacker or iHeartRadio has.

The only minor downside of Moodio is that it does not provide an app for you to install. Instead, you have to use your phone's web browser to go to m.moodio.fm to listen. But once you add all the stations you want to listen to your list, it is very easy to navigate.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 09:01 AM
    Adding to what substring said, Moodio is the best way I've found to listen to specific radio stations. It's actually pretty easy to set up, and apart from needing to use the web browser to get to it, it works fantastically.

I wanted to do the same thing as you, listen to Penguins and Steelers games -- one word of warning though... it think that the Pittsburgh radio flagship is a Clearchannel station, and not available on Moodio. I use one of the radio partners, WTPA, out of Harrisburg to listen to the games. If you search google for "Steelers radio network" you'll get a list of all the options available. WXDX works great for the Penguins.
    03-18-09 09:32 AM
    Nobex Radio Companion. It doesn't have all stations listenable but may have the ones your looking for
    03-18-09 09:48 AM
    Thanks guys... I created an account on Moodio and I think this will work perfectly for those penguin games!

Also, does anyone know the status on the iHeartRadio? Will it be available for the storm soon?
    03-19-09 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD