Is there a faster way to hide the keyboard other than menu>Hide Keyboard? Seems that the keyboard is frequently popping up when I don't want it and then it's a pain to have to hide it from the menu. Thanks.
    02-21-09 06:51 PM
    Am using OS .103 BTW
    02-21-09 06:52 PM
    Swipe down fast on the keyboard
    02-21-09 06:54 PM
    You can do a quick swipe downwards on the screen to hide the keyboard and a quick swipe upwards to show the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 06:55 PM
    Oh. i guess that's wahy it keeps popping up unintentionally. I'm usually swiping when it happens. Thanks.
    02-21-09 06:56 PM
    You beat me to it lol
    Tys just swipe it down with your finger

02-21-09 06:57 PM
    HEhe yeah it's so handy. To be honest I'm surprised the storm has this feature, seems like something the iPhone would have!
    02-21-09 06:59 PM
    I have the left convenience key assigned to show / hide keyboard, it's easyer for me

02-21-09 07:11 PM
    The swipe to close the keyboard works great for me. To bring up the keyboard, not so much, I just end up scrolling on whatever site I happen to be on.
    02-21-09 07:30 PM
    It only will bring it up on a screen where there's a lower tool bar, if your browser is in full screen or what not then it won't work.
    02-21-09 07:37 PM
    Keyboard, to swipe or not to swipe, you got to love it...
    02-21-09 07:52 PM
    The upward/downward swipe works great for me... sometimes it appears unintentionally (operator error) but what to heck.
    02-21-09 08:19 PM
    TThank You didn't know that either

02-21-09 08:57 PM
    I have the left convenience key assigned to show / hide keyboard, it's easyer for me

Same here...

02-21-09 09:24 PM
    At least on the 103 OS in the browser to bring up the keyboard it seems like you just touch in the lower part of the screen and it shows the keyboard; no swipe needed. To hide the keyboard you need to swipe but it is hit and miss.
    02-21-09 10:51 PM
    I just made one of my side convenience keys, activate the VR keyboard. So all i have to do is press it to make it appear or disappear. I've actually found it so useful that i apply the same settings to all the phones BB Storms i deploy at work.
    02-22-09 12:57 AM
    How do you guys do this? When I try to change the convenience keys to Show/Hide keyboard, I dont have an app or a function that will let me do that!

Is it an app that you downloaded?

Please tell!

Same here...

03-08-09 09:49 AM
    How do you guys do this? When I try to change the convenience keys to Show/Hide keyboard, I dont have an app or a function that will let me do that!

Is it an app that you downloaded?

Please tell!
    Its under options - screen keyboard.
    Pick a conve. Key and scroll down to virtual keyboard
    Save and your done

03-08-09 10:53 AM
    Nice thread. I've had my Storm for a few days now and couldn't figure this one out either. My first thought was to assign it to the left convenience key since I tend to rotate it counterclock wise for landscape, putting that key under and near my fingers. Until you guys mentioned it, I couldn't find what to assign it to, generally looking for 'keyboard' or 'show / hide', etc.

In short, thanks guys!
    03-15-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD