Have short fingernails? Don't like having those short fingernails digging into the skin on your fingers? Nobody does. Anyways, those of you who may not know of this may find this interesting.

How to remove your battery without a sweat:

1. Open the latches on the battery cover.
    2. Rather than ripping the cover off, slowly lift it up, around the hinges that hold it to the top.
    3. The battery will begin popping out. When you have a satisfactory grip, give the battery a yank.
    4. Wah-lah.

I realized this when I first got the storm, yet held out on the tip. Not seeing any tips on it, I decided to post many months later. A nice little design they made, as for the hooks have sharp points and corners to actually dig the battery out (like they thought we were going to do this a lot.... hmmm...). Anyways, you guys are welcome for the quick tip.
    04-27-09 11:12 PM
    or just take batter cover off... give a tap.. it's out..
    Done.
    thanks..
    04-27-09 11:15 PM
    Or you could use QuickPull or some similar app to do a battery pull. But it is nice to know this
    in case I have to physically pull out the battery for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 11:43 PM
    or just take batter cover off... give a tap.. it's out..
    Done.
    thanks..
    Don't see how that would work, but whatever floats your boat. Tips are welcome.
    04-27-09 11:50 PM
    thank you for this super cool tip! i have the seidio extended battery and it sits in pretty tight which can be a trick with my short nails. i tried your tip and it was very slick!
    04-28-09 01:05 AM
    Just as I was reading your post, I was downloading the Facebook update, which requires a reboot. As usual, the reboot didn't want to actually... boot, so I did a battery pull using your method. This was WAY better than trying to grab that sucker! Thanks!
    04-28-09 01:09 AM
    Its no different than tapping the back of a remote with your hand to pop out the batteries. Same method really.
    04-28-09 01:40 AM
    Its no different than tapping the back of a remote with your hand to pop out the batteries. Same method really.
    I'll make a movie so I can show him.. since it's so hard to figure out....
    04-28-09 01:43 AM
    Nice thanks for the tip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 01:54 AM
    Maybe you'll get it now...

The Battery Removal Movie
    04-28-09 01:58 AM
    Hope that helped.
    04-28-09 10:12 AM
    Hope that helped.
    Yes, thanks. Don't see my doing that personally. Anyways, you guys are welcome. (It makes your slips of paper come out of place! Might also fling your berry cross the room. :P)
    Last edited by JuniorD; 04-28-09 at 07:09 PM.
    04-28-09 06:38 PM
    thank you for this super cool tip! i have the seidio extended battery and it sits in pretty tight which can be a trick with my short nails. i tried your tip and it was very slick!
    I've heard about those batteries. Heard theyre just slightly too big, as well. I don't think the other tip posted by the other guys (not dissing y'all) would probably not work with that thing. Had one for my other blackberry and was nearly impossible to rip out. :P
    04-28-09 09:32 PM
    Thank you JuniorD!

Works great with the Seido.
    04-28-09 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD