Hey guys quick question. I bought a holster off ebay. It listed as OEM but I'm not sure if it is. Isn't the phone sipposer to go into sleep mode when golayering? What gives?
    04-25-09 08:38 AM
    My wife bought her holster at the verizon store and it does the same thing.
    I used my 8830 holster and it worked great...until it broke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 08:49 AM
    When I bought my Verizon Curve, I bought the OEM Holster for it at ATT. Unlike most, they will cover it for a full year from date of purchase. I went through 3 of them, they swapped with no proble.....just save your receipt. The Storm fits perfect in the Curve holster, and it does go into sleep mode when put in there.
    04-25-09 09:15 AM
    Sorry for the typos. My problem is that my phone doesn't appear to go into a sleep mode. Is there a setting for this on the phone?
    04-25-09 09:35 AM
    Sorry for the typos. My problem is my phone doesn't appear to enter any kind of mode when holstering
    04-25-09 09:42 AM
    can someone help me out?
    do i have an oem holster?
    it doesnt seem to do anything when i holster it. how can i tell if i have an oem ?
    04-28-09 06:37 PM
    dunno nothing about the OEM holster, I have the otterbox, and it does put my BB into holster mode. the one thing I notice about it that is different is when I receive an email, and pull it out of the holster it automagically goes right to that email....
    04-28-09 06:50 PM
    Make sure that the phone is facing the proper direction (face in). You should also test the holster to make sure it supports sleep mode. Put a paper clip to it to see if it sticks there. If there is a magnet it will stick. If it doesn't then your holster does not support sleep mode.
    04-28-09 07:01 PM
    Get yourself a paper clip or any small metal object and check the holster for a magnet. No magnet no sleep for your phone. If you do have a magnet make sure your phone has the holster settings to your liking. It is simple really .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 07:10 PM
    There is a setting you have to configure to make the phone lock and not allow the backlight to come on while in the holster. Of course the holster itself has to have a magnet in it to make this happen. The phone senses the magnet and goes into the locked holster mode.

options - password - lock handheld upon holstering - yes

04-28-09 07:57 PM
    Yea, there are multiple settings for holster mode, including different vibrate/ring options and sleep. However, it will only work if the holster has a magnet in it like shatiek said.
    04-28-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD