Ok so my computer is crap and I have this very high tech phone...
    I cannot load desktop manager to the computer, to download the new
    OS when it comes out. Can I take it to Verizon to download it or do I need to
    find a someone else's computer to do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 05:22 PM
    When verizon puts out the update officially you can get it over the air. You click options, then advances then wireless update.

03-31-09 05:27 PM
    Related question. If you download the OS OTA, do you also have install the new OS on your desktop manager, or is the desktop manager version overwritten by the OS when you connect?
    03-31-09 05:30 PM
    That's good. What about our contacts and applications? Will I gave to back them up someho
    w or will they be ok?

03-31-09 06:14 PM
    You are gonna need to back everything up. After the update, everything is wiped clean. Use desktop manager to back up your stuff
    That's good. What about our contacts and applications? Will I gave to back them up someho
    w or will they be ok?

03-31-09 06:17 PM
    you cannot do ota upgrade with a pearl, the only verizon phone that supports it is the storm. and no the stores cannot do the upgrades for you, they can only flash basic phones.if you go to BlackBerry® Software Updates there is an option for a web based upgrade but you will still need to ensure your data is backed up first
    03-31-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD