In November I will have had Verizon for a year. In order to get my wife and I storms we had to pay 400 each line. So 800 total. Do I get this back anytime? Or do they subtract from it every time I've had a replacement device or someother stupid reason for them to rip me off.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but it is storm related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 01:04 PM
    i dont know what you mean by down payments? You either by the phone or not. this is not like a security deposit. Did you buy from corporate store or some other retailer?
    10-31-09 01:21 PM
    The $400 / line is the security deposit that he paid, u should get that back as long as u paid your bills on them, and i believe i got mine back after 10-11 months. Once u finally get it back, you will not have to pay to have another line added to your account.
    10-31-09 01:24 PM
    if it was a deposit for each line, then you get it back after 1 year of good standing service (meaning you're not suspended for non-payment kind of thing). so long as you've done your part to keep your account in good standing, then you should get that money back at the 1 year mark.

also keep in mind that the deposit pays any balance on the account first, and then is refunded... so if you want the full amount back, make sure to pay your bill before the deposit is released.
    10-31-09 01:24 PM
    dude you just hosed.....they couldnt even give the storms away for a while.....there were also offers for buy one get one free for the Storm at Verizon.....sorry guy
    10-31-09 01:25 PM
    the deposit wasn't for the phone itself, but for the lines of service. not everybody has good (or ANY) credit, and sometimes a deposit is needed.
    10-31-09 01:51 PM
    the deposit wasn't for the phone itself, but for the lines of service. not everybody has good (or ANY) credit, and sometimes a deposit is needed.
    got you, that makes more sense now. thanks!
    10-31-09 02:10 PM
    Everything sever said is true. I used to sell phones for a while, as long as you are in good standing you should get it back at the end of your first year. You can always call customer support as well to see how your standing is and when you should be getting the deposit back.

10-31-09 02:14 PM
    Keep in mind to, for you to get your deposit back, you need to pay every bill on time. If you pay a day late the 12 month holding period starts over.
    10-31-09 02:40 PM
    Sorry I did mean security deposit. If what tyrant says is true Ill never get it back

10-31-09 03:16 PM
    Sorry I did mean security deposit. If what tyrant says is true Ill never get it back

Like MattyD said, you can always call ccare and ask (never hurts to ask - nicely!). I'd definitely be calling if I had $800 on the line!!
    10-31-09 03:19 PM
    You will also be payed interest on your $800 deposit. Just fyi.

10-31-09 05:55 PM
    When I first signed up for Verizon about 8 yrs ago I had no credit (and some bad) and they made me pay $400 for my line, which was refunded me to in full via a check. I also had the option of applying it towards my future bills as well.

It was worth it though to have a service which didnt drop call like my t-mobile line at the time...
    10-31-09 08:38 PM
    Like MattyD said, you can always call ccare and ask (never hurts to ask - nicely!).
    exactly. reps can see what the expected review date is.

and deposits are put in place to make sure the company gets their money in the event bills aren't paid... and if you're not paying your bill (or paying it on time), then it'll be held longer.

also, what was said about earning interest is correct. I don't know the percentage (it's minimal), but at least you're earning money back!
    11-01-09 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD