I just want to confirm what I think I already know

I have an old media card from my env (2gb) and I want to use my storm as the means to transer my pics n video from the old media card to my computer.... I assume I should be able to jus stick the card into my storm it will reformat it then I can connect my storm to my computer and transfer my files... correct?

there shouldnt be any problems with installing a diff media card correct?

TIA
    01-10-09 03:06 PM
    Dont know that the storm reformats your media card; may need your PC for that part?
    01-10-09 03:26 PM
    You should be able to use the media card, but I am confused by your comment that you would insert the old card in the Storm, have it reformatted and then transfer pictures to your computer from it?

Once the card is reformatted it will erase any data on the card. Try using it as it is and not reformatting and then attach to your computer via usb and drag the files to your computer.
    01-10-09 03:30 PM
    I just want to confirm what I think I already know

I have an old media card from my env (2gb) and I want to use my storm as the means to transer my pics n video from the old media card to my computer.... I assume I should be able to jus stick the card into my storm it will reformat it then I can connect my storm to my computer and transfer my files... correct?

there shouldnt be any problems with installing a diff media card correct?

TIA
    When you insert a media card into the storm it will not reformat it unless you choose the format option manually. As for just sticking the card into the storm and then transferring the files, you can do this. I used this option to transfer files from the memory card that I had in my dare to my computer and since both the VX9900 and the VX9700 have a similar file system it should work. What you need to do is make sure that you have the storm set to mass storage mode. The storm will then act like a memory card reader for the computer when you hook it up with the usb cable. The only difference is that you can't get the blackberry to read the files unless you use the explore option since the folder architecture is different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 05:02 PM
    Use your old device or a memory card to drag and drop the information to your computer. Put your memory card into your Storm and do a format on it. The plug in your Storm or put the card back into your memory card reader (or slot if your computer is equipped that way) and drag and drop back.
    01-10-09 05:21 PM
    Use your old device or a memory card to drag and drop the information to your computer. Put your memory card into your Storm and do a format on it. The plug in your Storm or put the card back into your memory card reader (or slot if your computer is equipped that way) and drag and drop back.
    Blackwidow -just to clarify your instructions... I am moving from a 2GB memory card to a 8 GB card...and I want to transfer the data from the old card to the new card.

I don't need a memory cartd reader to do the data transfer, right ?? > Just save the old memory card data onto my PC ( do I create a folder to do this - like in windows explorer ? ) then format the new card in the phone, then drag the data to the new card ?

thanks!
    01-11-09 10:54 AM
    Those instructions will work, Jason.
    01-11-09 11:05 AM
    great deals at memorysuppliers. Just got 8MG with a card reader for $32.00.

If you use live-chat, you get a 17% discount.

I checked best buy and they wanted $50.00 without a card reader.
    01-11-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD