I have a question on people with a Mac. The Storm will be my first BB and I want to see about clarifying something

I have read earlier on other posts that their is a mac version for us to sync our BB. However someone posted that the PC version is alot more robust. Will I be able to sync my BB using the PC version thru VMware Fusion?

Is that possible, or worth it?
    11-12-08 10:50 AM
    Good question! I have a Macbook Pro and was wondering the same thing...

I will need to get VMware Fusion soon though.
    11-12-08 10:54 AM
    I use vmware fusion to sync dm to the windows side of the machine. Blackberry has a mac version that blows but it will work.
    11-12-08 10:55 AM
    if Macs are your only option, you're sort of SOL. A full blown desktop manager for OS X isn't available and wont be till early next year.

When the Storm comes out, I'm going to be picking this up, which is supposed to get the job done very well

BlackBerry Mac Synchronization - The Missing Sync
    11-12-08 10:55 AM
    That looks like a good option. I wonder how long for this software to have Storm support. Their list only includes up to the Bold.

I just shot them an email.
    Last edited by Nisca; 11-12-08 at 11:13 AM.
    11-12-08 10:58 AM
    I am not sure how long will take Storm to support Mac. I had to borrow friend's PC to upgrade my curve OS to 4.5. It was a PAIN! Hope BB will support Mac soon! so I can buy storm!
    11-12-08 11:01 AM
    I just shot them an email.
    Nisca,

Please post the reply you receive about Missing Sync compatibility with the Storm. I was planning on emailing them myself until I read your post. If you're willing to share the info you get, that will save the folks at Missing Sync, as well as myself and any other Mac users, the hassle of repeat messages about the same topic!

Thanks in Advance!
    11-12-08 12:19 PM
    Nisca,

Please post the reply you receive about Missing Sync compatibility with the Storm. I was planning on emailing them myself until I read your post. If you're willing to share the info you get, that will save the folks at Missing Sync, as well as myself and any other Mac users, the hassle of repeat messages about the same topic!

Thanks in Advance!

Consider it done
    11-12-08 12:28 PM
    mm maybe its repeat messages we need to Blackberry to get a real versio of DM out for us Mac users
    11-12-08 12:28 PM
    I have a Mac Pro and have Fusion on it. Pocket Mac only works intermittently for me, so I do most of the backing up on the Windows side of my Mac. As well, when I went to upgrade the OS for my Curve, the site said you had to be on Internet Explorer to do the upgrade. But things are fine with Fusion and gives me the best of both worlds.
    11-12-08 01:05 PM
    Consider it done
    Thanks, Nisca!
    11-12-08 01:11 PM
    I have a Mac Pro and have Fusion on it. Pocket Mac only works intermittently for me, so I do most of the backing up on the Windows side of my Mac. As well, when I went to upgrade the OS for my Curve, the site said you had to be on Internet Explorer to do the upgrade. But things are fine with Fusion and gives me the best of both worlds.
    Thank you, that helps alot!

As an Apple guy, I feel like the guy who grew up in NYC, liking the Boston Red Sox. You loved baseball but could only go to Yankees games. You chose to watch baseball at Yankee Stadium instead of Shea. You respected the Yankees because they always put a good product on the field, but you always knew they were kind of evil.
    11-12-08 01:14 PM
    As an Apple guy, I feel like the guy who grew up in NYC, liking the Boston Red Sox. You loved baseball but could only go to Yankees games. You chose to watch baseball at Yankee Stadium instead of Shea. You respected the Yankees because they always put a good product on the field, but you always knew they were kind of evil.
    LMAO! It is a little bit like that....Nice analogy!
    11-12-08 01:22 PM
    Nisca,

Thanks in Advance!

Hey, I just got a response from the Missingy Sync people. This is it verbatim:

>>>>>>>
    Hello

Currently the Missing Sync for BlackBerry supports BlackBerry devices that
    have the 4.0 OS and above therefore the Storm has these requirements.

You can check out a trial version of The Missing Sync
    prior to purchasing, by going to our downloads page at:

Mark/Space, Inc. - Download Updates

For a BlackBerry device:
    Under �The Missing Sync for BlackBerry | Available Updates�
    Click on the Download version 1.0.3 link
    NOTE: You must be running Mac OS 10.4.8 or later. or Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
    I recommend at least 10.4.10.
    >>>>>

They have a trial version you can do to test it, but it looks like it will cover it.
    We'll see next weekend
    11-13-08 12:37 PM
    Nisca,

Thanks for posting the response you received from the folks at Missing Sync! I will definately be DL'ing the trial version to make sure it works as advertised when I pick up my new BB next week. Your response saved us all a little time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD