My dilemma:

My boss (CEO) recently purchased a blackberry storm, and for the most part loves it but he's having issues with the surepress

Is there any way to disable it? or is there a hack to disable it?(assuming you can hack a BB? )

In YOUR personal experience/knowledge which is the best blackberry for business and why? I'm knowledgeable in troubleshooting them, but since i've never owned one can't say for certain which is best. I need to give him options if all else fails, he's open to any carrier.

Thank you so much!

- Ana
    07-13-09 03:26 PM
    To the best of my knowledge you cannot disable or hack it. I don't know of a stable touch screen that can "multi task" without surepress
    07-13-09 03:34 PM
    it can be changed to multitap or full keyboard
    07-13-09 03:37 PM
    it can be changed to multitap or full keyboard
    he's talking about turning off the "click" to where you just use the touch screen. There is no way to turn that off.
    07-13-09 03:54 PM
    he's talking about turning off the "click" to where you just use the touch screen. There is no way to turn that off.

oh crap...my mind was thinking suretype
    07-13-09 03:57 PM
    Typing on the Storm does take a little to get used to. If the boss is used to a physical keyboard, he/she may not like it at all. My advice, give it a couple weeks (stay within the 30 days though). If he/she still doesn't like it take it back and get the Tour or similar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 04:00 PM
    @4- She

@6- He was thinking about the tour, but the VZ wireless said it would be a downgrade from the storm so we were hoping there was a surepress work around, but apparently there isn't :/ which is too bad.
    He's on week 3 now, so we're pretty much on the final days. Thanks for the advice.
    07-13-09 04:32 PM
    I would recommend the tour or Curve 8330, so far in my experience the curve has been the best phone I have ever owned. I currently have the storm, It has its bugs but I love it. To each his own liking.
    07-13-09 04:48 PM
    @4- She

@6- He was thinking about the tour, but the VZ wireless said it would be a downgrade from the storm so we were hoping there was a surepress work around, but apparently there isn't :/ which is too bad.
    He's on week 3 now, so we're pretty much on the final days. Thanks for the advice.
    I would say the tour is very similar to the storm. the "downgrade" would be the screen size. To some people it would actually be an upgrade

07-13-09 05:29 PM
    Definetly not a downgrade. Pretty much the same phone. I just played with one tonight. The ui and graphics are the same. And I believe there is more app memory. Just half the screen size.

07-13-09 08:08 PM
    It seems the general consensus is the Tour, and I think we will go with that one.
    Even though I took it home last night and i'm seriously not feeling the OS, it's very buggy and slow and it doesn't even have any non-native apps or data installed!! lovely UI though. Thanks for all your suggestions, I appreciate it =)

~Ana
    07-14-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD