okay so i just looked at my storm i havent had any water damage what so ever now the little sticker by my simcard slot behind my battery door is red with a white stripe through it and my batter is white with a red stripe what does this mean?
    06-19-09 12:17 PM
    Ya know... This makes me wonder if simple condensation, like coming in from the cold can
    Make the sticker change...........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 12:20 PM
    so that means ive "had" water damage even though i havent?
    06-19-09 12:22 PM
    Well that's what I mean. That wouldn't be fair if that was the case............

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 01:06 PM
    when u get water damage the stripes disapear and it becomes a solid pink/red sticker.

correct me if im wrong someone.
    06-19-09 01:13 PM
    yep when it turns pink that means you have water damage. The best way to beat that is to take the sticker off, and when the carrier says somethin about it reply "maybe they forgot to put in the phone, its not my fault that the phone wasnt manufactured the correct way" lol im a con artist lol
    06-19-09 01:29 PM
    Mine have always been white, but to have water damage the sticker will turn completely pink or red
    06-19-09 01:30 PM
    from reading another thread, the red one with a white bar is a tamper proof one to see if you have removed the screw behind it, the water damage sticker is actually behind the battery and is solid white, and will turn red if wet.

To the "con artist" up above, typically those stickers have a "warranty void if removed" policy behind them, since it is a sticker to protect someone from removing the screw behind it, you removing it is only going to void your warranty.
    06-19-09 01:34 PM
    ^^^^^

QFT

The round one isn't water activated at all.

The stripe on the battery will bleed itself "pink" if set off.

The small square on the side inside your battery comp is the real important one. It should be white.

Don't worry so much
    06-19-09 02:52 PM
    ^^^^^

QFT

The round one isn't water activated at all.

The stripe on the battery will bleed itself "pink" if set off.

The small square on the side inside your battery comp is the real important one. It should be white.

Don't worry so much
    Two good answers above me, and to the guy asking what can set one off, something as simple as taking it in the bathroom when you shower will do it.
    06-19-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD