for some odd reason, when i place my phone inside the sleeve, it drains the battery life faster than it would without the sleeve. i was wondering if there was a way to avoid the battery drain. any help would be appreciated thank you =)

edit: i think it's because the sleeve is tight and it presses against the screen, but this sleeve was made for the bb storm and i got it from the verizon store

link of the sleeve

Enter your location
    Last edited by twistidazn; 01-03-09 at 08:55 PM.
    01-03-09 06:39 PM
    any help would be appreciated
    01-03-09 07:34 PM
    for some odd reason, when i place my phone inside the sleeve, it drains the battery life faster than it would without the sleeve. i was wondering if there was a way to avoid the battery drain. any help would be appreciated thank you =)

edit: i think it's because the sleeve is tight and it presses against the screen, but this sleeve was made for the bb storm and i got it from the verizon store
    are you talking about the Gel cover for the phone? I had one and never noticed anything with that cover. I don't recal seeing a cover that actually puts tht much force on the screen or even touches it for that fact...any pics?
    01-03-09 07:40 PM
    Twisti,

Could you post a pic of the "sleeve" you're talking about. I don't know of any that would put pressure on the screen. AND, the screen requires the conductivity of your finger to highlight an icon so that case pressing on it should have no effect.
    01-03-09 07:41 PM
    If he his talking about the faux leather sleeve, I have one and if anything battery lift should be better since it puts the phone to sleep, even if u click the screen while in the sleeve it doesn't light up.

Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you.
    01-03-09 07:45 PM
    If he his talking about the faux leather sleeve, I have one and if anything battery lift should be better since it puts the phone to sleep, even if u click the screen while in the sleeve it doesn't light up.

Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you.
    yeah its a leather sleeve ill try to upload a picture soon but im not sure how the battery is dieing so fast if its idle.

heres the link to the case

Enter your location
    01-03-09 08:24 PM
    I dont think theres any way this is causing your battery to die faster... I have the same sleve and it works fine, besides when you put the phone in the sleve it puts it to sleep due to the magnets inside the case. Sounds like theres something else going on with you phone.
    01-03-09 09:03 PM
    I second that it's not the sleeve. I bought my storm and the same sleeve on launch and I haven't experienced any problems with the battery while using them together.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 01-03-09 at 09:19 PM.
    01-03-09 09:10 PM
    That's odd, is your phone going to sleep?

I noticed a significant increase in battery life after getting the leather pouch with a belt clip.
    01-03-09 09:21 PM
    That's odd, is your phone going to sleep?

I noticed a significant increase in battery life after getting the leather pouch with a belt clip.
    hmm i guess it is just me alright thanks to everyone who helped i really appreciate it
    01-03-09 11:34 PM
    it really just depends there has been a few posts about when the phone gets hot the battery drains faster so if you are putting it in the pouch and in your pocket maybe the actual device is getting hot which is causing your battery to die a little faster..
    01-04-09 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD