I thought i had read awhile back that the new touch screen BB would also have a slide out qwerty keyboard along with the touch screen aspects so that it will still have appeal to BB purist, but in the brew ninja video it showed the keyboard on screen, which IMO doesnt make it better a design than the Iphone.
    09-10-08 01:43 PM
    I thought i had read awhile back that the new touch screen BB would also have a slide out qwerty keyboard along with the touch screen aspects so that it will still have appeal to BB purist, but in the brew ninja video it showed the keyboard on screen, which IMO doesnt make it better a design than the Iphone.
    No Res, I believe some of talk was that they hoped for that to be the case, but it is not. As you saw in the video, and on the patent. The 95xx is full touch.
    09-10-08 01:46 PM
    No slide-out action full touch interface with haptic feedback, etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 01:47 PM
    you read wrong. in the early rumors it was suggested the thunder would be completely touch and the storm would be touch/qwerty but with no mention of the touch/qwerty whatsoever and the thunder now called storm i'd say its more then just a little ways off
    09-10-08 01:47 PM
    You read wrong. The Thunder/Storm is purely a touchscreen device.

A patent does exist for a Blackberry with a slide out keyboard, however, that is as much as anyone has seen or heard.
    09-10-08 01:48 PM
    Actually, there is a slide-out keyboard.

I kid.
    09-10-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD