Hi-

I follow the Storm happenings on this site, so I'm not quite a lurker, but I have a question about installing themes and other programs.

I am still running OS .75, and have never installed any of the leaked OS's, as my Storm runs pretty well, and does not do a lot of the stalling, and crashing that I read about so often on these forums.

I in part attribute the relative good behaviour of my Storm to the fact that I uninstalled VZ Nav, VVM, and have kept the app install to a munimum (I use Viigo, Google Maps and that's it for the additional apps). Like many- I'd really like to try a theme, but since they are not offered on App World, I translate that as saying that they are not supported on the device. Now that .148 is coming out, is it any more safe to install a theme, or are they still the possible cause of problems?

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

TONY
    05-30-09 09:47 AM
    Hi-

I follow the Storm happenings on this site, so I'm not quite a lurker, but I have a question about installing themes and other programs.

I am still running OS .75, and have never installed any of the leaked OS's, as my Storm runs pretty well, and does not do a lot of the stalling, and crashing that I read about so often on these forums.

I in part attribute the relative good behaviour of my Storm to the fact that I uninstalled VZ Nav, VVM, and have kept the app install to a munimum (I use Viigo, Google Maps and that's it for the additional apps). Like many- I'd really like to try a theme, but since they are not offered on App World, I translate that as saying that they are not supported on the device. Now that .148 is coming out, is it any more safe to install a theme, or are they still the possible cause of problems?

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

TONY
    Every theme available leaks to some extent some are better than others. This is do to the Plazmic theme builder and what the developers put into the themes. There are several people running .75 with no issues and worst case you can always delete the theme if it bogs down your phone
    05-30-09 09:52 AM
    OS version isn't gonna matter much. Some themes have issues for some people. Plain and simple. Just break down and find a couple you like. Just remember to do a physical battery pull after installing, and then give it a couple/few days. A couple of my favs are Appleberry & Win OS7 (?).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD