Hi, I am new to the Blackberry world and I am definitely looking forward to getting the Storm when it is released, I have one question about it though that might be stupid but I haven't seen this anywhere else. My girlfriend has a Palm Centro on ATT, the phone sucks overall but has one feature that I am completely jealous of, for the texting inbox it has a "instant messenger" type interface where it lists the text messages as a conversation, now is this standard on Blackberry's and it's a lock to be on the Storm or is this something that is unknown?

Thanks
    10-12-08 01:25 PM
    Yes, it pretty much laid out the same way on the BB interface. I'm not sure how it looks on the Palm but with BB you'll basically see all the text's that were sent with the person to basically keep track. So you can see everything that was said. I would assume since they're keeping all the fundamental things that make the BB interface a BB interface, that they would keep this the same. It helps so much. Hope that helps.

Oh and welcome to the BB world. You'll never go back. :-)
    Last edited by cocruxified; 10-12-08 at 01:34 PM.
    10-12-08 01:31 PM
    That is called "threaded" texting. Right now, the Blackberry does not have that. It has a weird type of texting, kind of like threaded. You can scroll down and see the whole conversation, but it is nothing like the iPhone or Palm SMS'ing. I hope the Storm will have something like this.
    10-12-08 01:32 PM
    I know it will have BB messenger which is the same idea and it doesn't burn up your text messages............as far as the "chat" style I'm not real sure. I would think so since most newer phones do (including my Glimmer dumbphone).

As for a for sure answer you'll probably have to wait until its released and find out from someone who has it
    10-12-08 01:33 PM
    I know it will have BB messenger which is the same idea and it doesn't burn up your text messages............as far as the "chat" style I'm not real sure. I would think so since most newer phones do (including my Glimmer dumbphone).

As for a for sure answer you'll probably have to wait until its released and find out from someone who has it
    Correct. Threaded is very nice. BBM offers this as the poster above stated, the only drawback is they must have a Blackberry also. However, Blackberrys SMS delivery isn't bad.
    10-12-08 01:35 PM
    Correct. Threaded is very nice. BBM offers this as the poster above stated, the only drawback is they must have a Blackberry also. However, Blackberrys SMS delivery isn't bad.
    I'm guessing you cannot tell us the Storm texting style? It probably is still the same as the texting on the Curve, Pearl, etc...
    10-12-08 01:37 PM
    I'm very curious on why RIM still refuses to improve their sms implementation.
    10-12-08 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD