Hey everyone,

First time poster, long time reader. Kind of a long story so here it goes, my brother and I both got BB Storms the same month, different accounts. I recently smashed mine, and I'm in the process of getting a new one through Assurion. In the meantime, my brother canceled his Verizon account and I bought his phone as a replacement for whenever mine was down (an lol in itself), now my question is... His screen is so unresponsive (won't press down), it's almost unusable, but in immaculate condition. This phone is only three months old and is now activated on my account. My question is, could I take this to a Verizon retailer and get it replaced, or is the warranty now void?

Thanks in advance for a response.

- - Chris
    07-21-09 05:43 AM
    This happened to someone else in a similar situation. Their warranty on their Storm that they received from their sister was voided and Verizon did nothing to help. On the other hand, when I still had a Storm, mine was purchased off of craigslist and when I needed a replacement they still honored the warranty (although they didn't know I purchased it off craigslist; they thought it was a bday gift). So, good luck basically.
    07-21-09 06:00 AM
    Have you tried the "Clean way to fix screen click issues" by jrscivic?

Link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/cl...-style-184518/

It worked flawlessly on my phone which would not click in the top right, right, and bottom right of the screen.
    07-21-09 06:50 AM
    UPDATE

Successfully called Verizon and the replacement unit should arrive this Wednesday.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it!
    07-26-09 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD