I just got my new replacement today but I am wondering if I got more than I was supposed to. Originally when I asked for a replacement they sent me a "Certified Like New Replacement" which I immediately sent back the same day and asked VZW to send me a new one. I just got my actual new replacement today but it came in a retail box with all the accessories my original one came with: Charger, USB cable, all power adapters, new battery, SD card and SIM card. Was I supposed to get all of this stuff with it? Should I send this stuff back when I send back my original? I think VZW screwed this one up but I'm not complaining. It's nice to have 2 chargers handy.

By the way: The replacement Storm clicks a million times better than my original (Mexico 5).
    Last edited by RyanB95; 12-29-08 at 04:48 PM.
    12-29-08 04:39 PM
    I just got my new replacement today but I am wondering if I got more than I was supposed to. Originally when I asked for a replacement they sent me a "Certified Like New Replacement" which I immediately sent back the same day and asked VZW to send me a new one. I just got my actual new replacement today but it came in a retail box with all the accessories my original one came with: Charger, USB cable, all power adapters, new battery, SD card and SIM card. Was I supposed to get all of this stuff with it? Should I send this stuff back when I send back my replacement? I think VZW screwed this one up but I'm not complaining. It's nice to have 2 chargers handy.

By the way: The replacement Storm clicks a million times better than my original (Mexico 5).
    did you get a 21009 model?
    12-29-08 04:44 PM
    Unless you get a letter saying you owe them things, you are good to have them.

Good thing too since 2 is always better than 1!
    12-29-08 04:44 PM
    Prd - 19502 - 002
    12-29-08 04:45 PM

I have a receipt that says order total : $270.30

Does that mean I owe them that much or it has been paid?
    12-29-08 04:46 PM
    I think what happened was VZW thought I wanted to order an entirely new phone (as in just another storm on top of what I already had). If you were to look at what I have in front of me right now it would be like I just went to VZW as a new customer and purchased a brand new storm. They're doing a pretty good job at screwing this whole thing up between the "Certified like new replacement" and now this new phone that I am being charged for that's supposed to be a replacement.
    12-29-08 05:07 PM

Don't listen to these fools. You ordered a replacement, so send back everything with the old phone. I don't think you want to be billed full retail for the AC adapter, USB cable, SD card, and whatever else they deem missing.
    12-29-08 05:10 PM
    Don't listen to these fools. You ordered a replacement, so send back everything with the old phone. I don't think you want to be billed full retail for the AC adapter, USB cable, SD card, and whatever else they deem missing.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don't really need to have double of everything obviously, but like I said it is nice to have two chargers.

What about the SIM card though, should I take the one out of my original and swap it with the new one in my replacement?
    12-29-08 05:16 PM
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don't really need to have double of everything obviously, but like I said it is nice to have two chargers.

What about the SIM card though, should I take the one out of my original and swap it with the new one in my replacement?
    Just leave the SIM in the old phone - it's useless unless you're overseas. Make sure you swap the SD card if you have any media saved, though.
    12-29-08 05:18 PM
    I received a brand new Storm in a box, with all the accessories when I called for my replacement too. I called CS to ask them what I was supposed to return, and they told me to return the PHONE ONLY. I had them document that on my account so I would not be charged for all the accessories they had sent me. It's been a few weeks, and I have yet to be charged anything extra...but I do have 2 of everything now, INCLUDING the 8gb memory card. :-)
    12-29-08 06:33 PM
    Hmmmm maybe I'll call back then and see if I can get the same treatment

Thanks for the info!
    12-29-08 06:36 PM
    I am actually in the same situation. Just got my replacement which came in a new box with all accessories. The brochure that it came with clearly states in bold "return phone only". I guess i will call them and ask a rep what to do, deff don't wanna be billed for holding onto accessories.

And my replacement phone is a Canada 19502 manufactured Dec 12th and the screen clicks perfectly compared to my original Mexican 19502 model manufactured Nov 22nd.
    12-29-08 07:25 PM
    i sent them back everything

i just didn't want the confustion if it arose

also, they do bill you for a new phone...but as soon as they receive the old one that goes away

if they never receive it...they bill you the retail price of 499.99

ouchers...make sure they get that old phone
    12-29-08 07:29 PM
    I wouldnt put it exactly like the quoted post, but yeah, you have to send everything back that you got with your first phone. Pack all the stuff up in the box and send it ALL back.
    12-29-08 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD