Any info aout how many units Verizon sold since launch. I know this is a silly question but I'm curious about how imprtant this phones success is to Verizon. I know five guys in my friendship circle who got them within a week of launch. I got mine at launch and have had good luck with it so far. Just curious is all.

Thanks

Abigfish
    01-11-09 05:17 PM
    Not sure myself but I got mine in early December and havent had a problem since. Im gonna imagine a lot have sold. I wouldnt switch from Verizon anyway lol. The service is to good. If Verizon didnt have Blackberry, back to the LG Dare for me lol. Never had a problem with a Dare and the camera on it was phenominal in my experience. But once I got the Storm, the fight was over lol. Love it man! Even bought one for a Back up
    01-11-09 05:24 PM
    So far it's the best phone I have ever owned. I see how much potential it has especially with a few key 3rd party apps yet to come. If the storm is a significant part of verizons customer base I feel it will bbe i n there best interest to support BB and the new BB touchscreen OS which gives lots of life and development for the storm and future generations of the storm.

Abigfish
    01-11-09 05:29 PM
    I'm also curious as to how many were returned. You're going to pry this thing out of my cold,
    dead hands, but I know some didn't like it.

Also, if someone does have the numbers, what's the difference between carriers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 05:32 PM
    Good to hear some positive feedback, at least. I'm 'bout sick of whiny kids crying. Glad you're enjoying your storm, Abigfish.
    01-11-09 05:37 PM
    In general i'm not a sunshine type of guy. However I am very pleased with the storm I came from a palm 700wx and I liked it as well. Not a love thing like the storm but it was a good phone. I see so much potential with this device and feel that it could become much bigger than it is. I really wish I was savy with programming, everyday I see new uses for my storm but cant do anythhing about it. I fveel that the more popular it is the more support it will get.
    01-11-09 05:49 PM
    The Storm is definalty popular. I can bet that just by judging from this forum alone, that almost 75 percent of them were sent back as replacements just for visual issues. But I have a feeling that it wont Hurt Verizon. They make the money and are now the largest carrier in the US thanks to them buying out Alltel.
    01-11-09 05:55 PM
    When I picked up my 9530 last week, the guy at the VZW store said they get new shipments every Monday morning and they sell out by Friday...this has been the case every week since their release back in November. I'd say the numbers are good and will only get better.
    01-11-09 05:56 PM
    So far it's the best phone I have ever owned. I see how much potential it has especially with a few key 3rd party apps yet to come. If the storm is a significant part of verizons customer base I feel it will bbe i n there best interest to support BB and the new BB touchscreen OS which gives lots of life and development for the storm and future generations of the storm.

Abigfish
    I am SO GLAD to hear this from a new Storm user. We see so many negative threads about your phone that it is a real pleasure to read a positive post. Thank you.
    01-11-09 06:05 PM
    Three of us in this household are also enjoying our Storms. Yes, we are having one replaced since it is the blacksheep of the three (poorly sized screen and hardly any tactile click) but my son never would have known had he not had two others to compare.

Like stated above, there will be more good/great things happening for these phones and therefore us.

For my aged thumbs, I can type faster with the Storm than I ever achieved with my HTC S621 though I found that phone to be rock-solid.

Hope to see many new things to come...
    01-11-09 06:37 PM
    exchanged mine once, but having same sound glitch, but overall it is the best phone i've owned. I'm sure advertising has paid off, and it is definitely a reasonable price with contract ($199)
    01-11-09 06:44 PM
    This is also my first PDA or BlackBerry for that matter. I am coming from a Razor (weak I know) and have a decent amount of experience on WinMo phones. Today is the 3rd day since owning the phone and it has been truly an amazing experience. Excited to see what is in the future for the storm as far as Firmware uppdates, app store.
    01-11-09 07:39 PM
    344,900,117,264 trazillion units sold.
    01-11-09 07:52 PM
    Came from Palm 700p to Storm and loving it so far. Running 75. All I need is a PIM program that compares to Palm Desktop for calendar and contacts and I will be all set. Not digging Outlook.
    01-11-09 08:57 PM

Abigfish
    I agree. Definitely the best phone I've ever had hands down. To be honest, it doesn't even feel like a phone, because I've never enjoyed using or playing around with any phone.
    01-11-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD