what is the event long? i see a lot of random things i have no idea about. is it safe to delete this or does it not really matter that its there. i never knew it was there till i got quicklaunch.
    03-29-09 11:42 AM
    The event log is simply a diagnostic tool, it can be completely removed from the OS if you wish...
    03-29-09 11:43 AM
    The event log is simply a diagnostic tool, it can be completely removed from the OS if you wish...
    I am aware of how to disable it. How would one go about removing it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 11:45 AM
    Hi I'm new to storm. Where is this log. How do you call it up?

E

03-29-09 11:54 AM
    I am aware of how to disable it. How would one go about removing it?

How do you disable it?
    03-29-09 11:55 AM
    Leave it alone it doesn't cause any problems. I haven't even looker at mine since the pre .99 days. Even if you delete it open it up again and its just the same as b4

03-29-09 11:58 AM
    How do you clear it? Is that something you need to do?
    03-29-09 12:12 PM
    search for clean memory on storm
    03-29-09 12:56 PM
    How do you disable it?
    From your homescreen turn the phone to landscape mode. Menu key>show keyboard. Press and hold the !?123 key till it locks> type "/"/ and the warning log will show up. Press the menu button>options. Highlight any one of the checked events, Press the menu button again and hide all types. At this time all of your check marks will go away in that list. Press the back button and save. Once back at the warning log press the menu button and clear the current log. It is now disabled.

To smcoldBB clearing the log daily would open up 1-2 MB of memory. Disabling it eliminates the need to go in there and clear it. There have been times that clearing the log has freed up close to 5MB of free file memory.
    03-29-09 06:25 PM
    search for clean memory on storm
    Have you tried that search? All I can come up with anymore with your very keywords was a bunch of "use the search button".
    03-29-09 06:31 PM
    From your homescreen turn the phone to landscape mode. Menu key>show keyboard. Press and hold the !?123 key till it locks> type "/"/ and the warning log will show up. Press the menu button>options. Highlight any one of the checked events, Press the menu button again and hide all types. At this time all of your check marks will go away in that list. Press the back button and save. Once back at the warning log press the menu button and clear the current log. It is now disabled.

To smcoldBB clearing the log daily would open up 1-2 MB of memory. Disabling it eliminates the need to go in there and clear it. There have been times that clearing the log has freed up close to 5MB of free file memory.
    Thanks for the info.
    03-30-09 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD