This thread isn't about call quality, in fact I have excellent call quality on my end and on the other.

When on a call if you take a look at the screen on the right there is a speaker symbol and a veritcal white bar which I assume is the volume on the call. I noticed that randomly on different calls the bar is either lower or higher.

Is this the BB auto volume control or whatever it's called working? If it's noisy it automatically raises the volume and if quiet lowers it?
    01-25-09 02:02 PM
    Hmm every time I look at it, it's in the same place. Maybe you accidental hit the volume bar on the side of the phone from time to time.
    01-25-09 02:09 PM
    HHHMMMMM I don't think I hit the button. But is it ture that BB's have this auto volume control? I remember reading about this feature before the devices hit the market.
    01-25-09 02:22 PM
    I haven't heard of that, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So many little things keep popping up on the feature list that it wouldn't surprise me.
    01-25-09 02:24 PM
    ive noticed that two actually... maybe it saves as to the person your talking to?
    01-25-09 03:57 PM
    I believe if you go into to the call screen and hit options, it gives you a choice for the pre-designated call volume, hope that helps.
    01-25-09 04:23 PM
    That change in volume is because of the enhanced audio option being enabled. You can disable this by: Call Button> BB Button> Options> Enhanced Audio> Set Automatic Volume Control to Disabled. Also go to the General Options and set Enhanced Handset Call Audio to Previous. This way whatever you set it to when in a call it will remember.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD