A lot of people have said the screen is like one big button. Does this mean though that when the screen is "clicked" the entire screen pushes down or just the corner that you happen to be closest to? Trying to be more clear, does the screen tilt a little when pressed or is the depression even across the whole screen?
    10-09-08 10:09 AM
    From what I've read, it's even.
    10-09-08 10:14 AM
    The screen is mounted on a surface that moves. I'm not exactly certain of how many pivot points it has.. but basically you push down against it, the entire screeen moves down. Since its pivoted a bit, then the click tilts the screen a bit to the area you are pressing on.

Honestly, the best way to imagine it to imagine a screen on a mouse button. Now this screen senses where you touch it. Then when you click it takes the information based on where you touched it and performs the corresponding action. When you push down, you will feel and hear the 'click'.
    10-09-08 10:16 AM
    I was just thinking that if there were only one pivot point in the center of the screen, it might be a little funky when you press, where as if there are multiple points it would feel a little more natural, like a real keyboard.
    10-09-08 10:32 AM
    Technically the entire screen moves, but you don't sense the movement unless you're at the extreme edge of the screen - otherwise just the "click" over the area you pushed down on.
    10-09-08 10:34 AM
    It's for sure more than one.
    10-09-08 10:34 AM
    Screen sits on a 3-point axis, and from what I've read it sounds like the entire screen will depress slightly. I would assume there might be a little movement off-center (unless you're depressing the center itself) - but none of the reviews even mentioned that as even being a note-worthy concern.
    10-09-08 10:37 AM
    Infosync has an article on the click through technology. I can't post the link yet. It shows one post in the center, but it's not clear how the screen is mounted.
    10-09-08 11:24 AM
    I'm exceptionally curious to know what the switch's durability will be like. Imagine everything you type only hitting the same key over and over and over again. I hope they over-engineered it to be kick-axe tough.
    10-09-08 12:28 PM
    So how does it handle multiple key presses like the ALT key? Can it sense a new press when you are holding the ALT key to do a special character?
    10-09-08 12:41 PM
    So how does it handle multiple key presses like the ALT key? Can it sense a new press when you are holding the ALT key to do a special character?
    It's still touch sensitive, but it also has the "button" click. So you can touch the screen in different spots at the same time and it will recognize it, as far as "clicking" in two different spots at the same time, who knows?
    10-09-08 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD