Please only knowledgeable people respond. I have my sister's previously lost Blackberry Storm. She lost it about 3 weeks ago at a supermarket. It was found and turned in to her only after she had called Verizon to have it DEACTIVATED. She has since bought another Storm. My question is- I want to take the "recently found" Storm that had been deactivated by Verizon- and UNLOCK it and use it with Tmobile. Can this be done? I know that you can unlock a Storm (that is IN USE with Verizon) but can you unlock it AFTER Verizon has DEACTIVATED it? Does this make sense? Please help because I dont want to pay to have the Storm Unlocked if it wont work. Thanks for the help. Does this question make sense?
    12-27-08 06:28 PM
    Yes the question makes sense. The answer, would be 9 times out of 10, no. The device is probably black-listed and cannot be used again.
    12-27-08 06:29 PM
    There are lots of posts on unlocking the phone. Do a search for them.
    12-27-08 06:30 PM
    OP should thank CX because the statement only knowledgeable people respond was about to open a whole can of you know what.....
    12-27-08 06:39 PM
    but wouldnt that only be "blacklisted" for VERIZON? I want to throw my Tmo SIM card in and use it on TMO? Thanks
    12-27-08 06:47 PM
    Shouldnt it still work on TMO. NOT with Verizon
    12-27-08 06:49 PM
    Why not tell Verizon that you have it and have them fix it? Then use it were you want. Or would you have to turn it in to Verizon since it was theirs?? Two year contract and all...

Maybe it is really owed back to them and legally should be given back to them.
    12-27-08 06:50 PM
    I am sure if you can prove that this model was purchased by your sister you can have them restore the numbers to legit! Have your sister dig up reciepts it should have the serial or what ever numbers on it!

Did anyone else have an Email pop up about this?
    12-27-08 06:51 PM
    When Verizon blacklists it, the PIN, IMEI and MEID numbers are blacklisted, therefore it wouldn't make a difference what network you wanted to use it on. And when I mean blacklist, this information is sent to RIM also. The device is not usable, until it is lifted. Which would cost you the price of the device, or returning the newer one.
    12-27-08 06:52 PM
    I doubt VZW will un-blacklist it imagine how many people would claim lost or stolen then they get a new phone and magically the phone reappears....
    12-27-08 06:53 PM
    Wow OP tough luck!
    12-27-08 06:54 PM
    If your sister calls in and advises Verizon that she has found the phone they will take it off the lost/stolen list as long as she didn't file an insurance claim on it. However, then you have to activate it on a VZW line in order to get the unlock code for the device & the account would need to follow their normal protocol to do so.
    12-27-08 06:57 PM
    If your sister calls in and advises Verizon that she has found the phone they will take it off the lost/stolen list as long as she didn't file an insurance claim on it. However, then you have to activate it on a VZW line in order to get the unlock code for the device & the account would need to follow their normal protocol to do so.
    Like CX said

A: She will have to return the other phone or
    B: Pay full retail for it
    12-27-08 06:59 PM
    all she has to do is call verizon and have them remove the esn form the lost list. this willfree up the esn and allow it to be unlocked and used. trust me
    12-27-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD