I got a Storm and like some lucky Storm users, am stricken with a faulty screen. The area right above the Esc/Blackberry button started getting extremely tight. In portrait mode, it's in the spacebar region. The space bar still clicks, but it's requires extra pressure. So whenever I type fast, sometimes it won't register a space (yes it still clicked ). I'm just extremely annoyed that this is happening to me on a 6 day old product.

So here is my question: What are the qualifications for a replacement?

Does that spacebar area need to suffer a complete failure and not work? Or do you think what I'm experiencing would warrant a replacement?

They are having a batch of Storms come in on Wednesday at a local store, assuming my problem doesn't get worse by then, would it be better to call *611 and request a replacement through there? Or go to the store and have them evaluate?

Thanks in advance.
    01-04-09 10:48 PM
    I had same issue with my first one, I went right to the store showed them and they replaced it no questions....screen worked but not as designed and was deemed faulty. Go to store get replacement, I am sure they are expecting it anyhow..
    01-04-09 10:51 PM
    stonyman...i'm stalking you...lol

I found this thread to be incredibly informative.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/run...erizon-128050/
    01-04-09 10:55 PM
    Yeah, I read that thread already. I was just wondering what deems it a "click-screen issue." Just wanted to know if it has to be unclickable or if it's just not performing like new after six days of use.
    01-04-09 10:59 PM
    My click was gone in the corners and the top (in portrait). I called and got a replacement after talking to 2 CS reps, 1 for 30 mins and the other 1 hour and a BB tech @ VZW for another 15 minutes. 2 different phone calls. If your local VZW store has them in stock go into the store. It's faster than waiting for them to ship it to you, even though mine arrived 1-2 days after ordering over the phone.
    Be very nice to them, whether in the store or on the phone and you'll get your problem solved fast. Try the store 1st. If you call more than likely they'll ask you to go into a store to have the phone checked out, since so many people returned phones early on for BS reasons that didn't really require a return, and by going to the store first you can skip this step
    01-04-09 11:40 PM
    DEFINITELY go to a store first if they have them in stock, as long as you be firm with them and explain to them that this is now how the phone should act, they will replace it right there, no need to wait 2 days for a shipment in the mail.
    01-04-09 11:47 PM
    would it be better to call *611 and request a replacement through there? Or go to the store and have them evaluate?

Thanks in advance.
    You should try whatever is an easier option for you first, then do the other 2nd. Let us know how it goes.
    01-05-09 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD