Q. Has anyone been able to get the Verizon BB Storm 9530 to work on Tmobile without losing EDGE?

I have it unlocked and have it working but as for maintaining the EDGE, it will not. So far in the past 24hours it has been on EDGE but a few times. I've done a ton of reading online and still haven't found someone who said that it works with out any problems. It doesn't seem worth all the hassle to never really be able to fully use the phone.

So, before I swap my sim back into my other BBerry, has anyone been able to successfully get the Verizon Storm 9530 to work on Tmobile with it being fully functional. Not losing EDGE to edge, being able to access the browser, etc.

If so, please leave the detailed steps to getting it done.

Thank You!

Also wanted to add that I'm completely new to this and just started this last night. I have V. 4.7.0.148 / Platform 4.0.0.181.
    Last edited by hjoebedc; 08-17-09 at 01:49 PM.
    08-17-09 12:48 PM
    Easy. Go to advanced click apn. Uncheck the box and your done. Do a battery pull and yor set. Only thing u can't run certain software cause it will cause edge to bug out. I can think of 2 apps that cause this although there are more. Pandora and slacker. Everything else works really well. Btw I'm running .151 with gabriel hybrid but that shouldn't matter much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:38 PM
    Easy. Go to advanced click apn. Uncheck the box and your done. Do a battery pull and yor set. Only thing u can't run certain software cause it will cause edge to bug out. I can think of 2 apps that cause this although there are more. Pandora and slacker. Everything else works really well. Btw I'm running .151 with gabriel hybrid but that shouldn't matter much

Thanks for the response but I tried it and it didn't work for me. My goal is to see if someone has been able to get it to all work. I personally use pandora every day while at work on my other blackberry and want to try to get that with this storm if possible.

If anyone has been able to do that and get there storm 9530 to work all around, please let me know. I haven't read anything yet where someone has successfully done that.

Please give me clear instruction!! Thanks

I have an unlocked BB Storm 9530
    v 4.7.0.148 / Platform 4.0.0.181

HELP!
    08-17-09 01:58 PM
    You only have two options. Use .75 os or run .90. .90 is super unstable but it will work fully. Again .75 will also work but super slow. Lol that it. There is no other option. Not until RIM decides to reinstate apn for us. Sorry...

08-17-09 02:02 PM
    Don't uncheck the APN box, jus type in the correct T-Mobile settings, in APN type internet2.voicestream.com and leave APN username and password empty
    08-17-09 02:03 PM
    Jancy that's wrong. Only if he's going to use .75 or .90 will he need to do that. Other than that u need to leave unchecked. Trust me done this tons of times

08-17-09 02:06 PM
    If the APN above doesn't work u can also try wap.voicestream.com is also for T-Mobile
    08-17-09 02:07 PM
    Jancy that's wrong. Only if he's going to use .75 or .90 will he need to do that. Other than that u need to leave unchecked. Trust me done this tons of times

Oh damn! Then I got nuttin else lol...that's the only thing I could think off that might have worked
    08-17-09 02:10 PM
    You only have two options. Use .75 os or run .90. .90 is super unstable but it will work fully. Again .75 will also work but super slow. Lol that it. There is no other option. Not until RIM decides to reinstate apn for us. Sorry...

Thanks for the info and I will try it now some more questions....lol. Sorry.

How do I switch to the other os? I also read about dloading the service books from tmobile and using the desktop mgr to put them on the Storm...so would that be the service books for my previous BBerry? Once i've done the os change and the service books, I should be able to use the browser, use mms, stream online videos and stuff like that?

So far this stuff is confusing.

Thanks Again for everyones help!
    08-17-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD