Alright well I have the Dark Knight sitting next to me in Blu-ray and I see that it has a digital copy. Now from what I've read is that when you put this on your computer it also installs a license file so only your computer can play the movie obviously for security reasons.

Now I haven't tried any of this and I ALREADY searched for putting movies on the storm but didn't see anything that mentioned movies with digital copies that have this special license file.

So my question is has anyone done this on the storm? I heard the digital copy has 2 files one which is 600mbs and the other one is a little over a gig.

-thanks
    12-14-08 07:01 PM
    Alright well I have the Dark Knight sitting next to me in Blu-ray and I see that it has a digital copy. Now from what I've read is that when you put this on your computer it also installs a license file so only your computer can play the movie obviously for security reasons.

Now I haven't tried any of this and I ALREADY searched for putting movies on the storm but didn't see anything that mentioned movies with digital copies that have this special license file.

So my question is has anyone done this on the storm? I heard the digital copy has 2 files one which is 600mbs and the other one is a little over a gig.

-thanks
    SEARCH!!!! It has been posted like 5 times already!!!!
    12-14-08 07:06 PM
    12-14-08 08:54 PM
    ANSWER:

i just bought the dark knight on blu ray yesterday and went through TONS of aggravation.

the digital copy IS DRM PROTECTED!

it says it can sync to a portable media device using windows media player 11 provided the portable device is a "playsforsure" device, which apperantly the BB storm is not...

anyways..

I got my digital copy than removed the DRM protection than converted it for optimal settings on the storm.

now i have the movie on the storm and it is beautiful. BUT NOT WORTH ALL THE AGGRAVATION I WENT THROUGH.
    12-14-08 09:00 PM
    how can i remove the DRM protection?

i've actually been looking into this matter for quite some time now, that is removing DRM from movies and tv shows (such as Itunes purchased movies, tv shows) and It has become apparent there is only 1 solution, a program that costs money, and alot of money at that.

there are 2 programs that I am aware of (there could be more that I am un aware of) and those are

1. Tunebite
    2. Soundtaxi

these programs will, in addition to removing DRM from movies, will also remove DRM from your music such as purchased itunes music.

I bought Tunebite, mainly because It seems like a better program and It is 5 dollars less (though you don't get a hard copy)

here's the link: TUNEBITE converts protected WMA, M4A, M4B, M4P, WMV, M4V. Converter MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, AC3, AU, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, 3GP, MOV, FLV ASF, DV, H.264, XVID, DIVX, 3IVX.

the program is $40 dollars ABSURDLY OVERPRICED, except for the fact that supply and demand take effect. It's a VERY small market for matters like this and they have a good product, that is 100% LEGAL and happens to work flawlessly, so why not charge $40 dollars.

BTW:

heres the link for information about digial copy as far as warner bros movies go:

Digital Copy: Support Site

about transferring to a device (which appears to be BS):
    Digital Copy: Support Site

Hope that helps
    Last edited by stormiscoming; 12-14-08 at 09:09 PM.
    12-14-08 09:01 PM
    Umm...Mastery of the search feature, you have.
    12-14-08 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD