OK, before you bring out the flamethrowers, I want to know if there is a Storm-specific solution to get lotus notes email on my BB without BES. My buddy got his outlook mail from his work address pushed and didn't even have to pay for a third party app (don't ask me, no idea how he pulled that off). Any help or info you could provide would be much appreciated!
    02-24-09 08:34 PM
    The only real other alternatives you have (without knowing the configuration) is if imap/smtp are available, or to make a new Rule in your Lotus Notes email client to forward all incoming email to an account you have on your BB. The emails are processed by the Domino Server agent before it reaches your mailbox, so it'll come to you from the original person -- not from your email address. Make sense?

The only downside is when you reply to an email, it'll come from "[email protected]" --- but as long as the Display Name is your actual name, most people (at least where I work) don't seem to notice.

---

Ask your admins if imap/smtp are available for you to use. That'd be the best solution I can think of without having BES.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.
    02-25-09 01:11 AM
    I was in the same boat.

Found a solution / work-around somewhere in I-space which is following:

Create an agent in Lotus Notes which automatically copies each incoming email to a gmail or hotmail or other internet email account.

This account can be checked using your browser on your BlackBerry.

Create an Agent in Lotus notes via (Lotus Notes 8 :

Create
    Agent
    Give Agent a name eg Automatic forward
    Choose Private
    Choose Trigger: On Event
    Choose in next field: After new mail has arrived
    Choose Add Condition
    Choose Condition: By Field
    Choose SizeValue > 0 or eg Date Sent After current date

Hope this helps.
    03-22-09 07:37 AM
    Hey thanks for the workaround. I think I've heard of doing this before but it's likely to get my intranet account frozen, lol. I may give it a shot anyway.
    03-22-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD