Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you could help me with something. I am a member of a family plan, my parents to be exact. I do believe I am authorized on the account and what not but my question to you is; Will I be able to walk into Verizon Wireless on launch day and purchase a BlackBerry storm just out right (figuring I wait in line and what not) for retail and not activate it there? I ask this because I know my parents will probably will have work and since I'm a college student I have tons of time on my hands so I should have no problem waiting, just I'm not sure if I can activate it without a parent being there.
    10-20-08 09:17 PM
    It will probably have to be activated at the store

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 09:24 PM
    The holder of the account can email authorization or the store can simply call for approval for you to be added. For instance my daughter in Va. was added to our family plan this way.

I hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 09:28 PM
    Alright I have another one for ya =)

I do believe there is a slight balance on the account, that I will pay myself is necessary. Anyway I know that Verizon does not let you upgrade a phone with a balance, but if I'm going to just buy the phone at retail price from them and then switch it out for my line does that count as an upgrade? I do know I can switch out phones now, I just cannot "Upgrade my phone" but I do not know what exactly qualifies that as.
    10-20-08 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD