Purchased Storm from Best Buy 11/21/08 but it has a clicking issue and is relatively slow/laggy. (I have gone from .65 to .75 to .76, wiped then went to .83 and .85, respectively) In your opinion, should I return it? If yes, will I have to return it to Best Buy, or will VZW issue a replacement? I took the phone into a local store the week of Christmas, and the rep said "yeah, that is one of the minor issues with owning that phone." Don't I have until 1/15/08 to return the phone? Or do I? Any and all feedback will be GREATLY appreciated!

P.S. I have a "Made In Canada, PRD-19502-002, Model #RBW71CW, Bad Click"
    12-31-08 11:24 AM
    You have 30 days. I've heard some saying that they are extending it a few days b/c of the holiday season (X-mas, New Year). You can go back to Best Buy and swap it out or call VZW and they will send you one.
    12-31-08 11:32 AM
    You have 30 days. I've heard some saying that they are extending it a few days b/c of the holiday season (X-mas, New Year). You can go back to Best Buy and swap it out or call VZW and they will send you one.
    I second that!
    12-31-08 11:38 AM
    you have until jan 15th i believe to return the phone or exchange it but honestly just call verizon and have them send you out a replacement phone or go to a corporate store and they mite just give you one on the spot like they did for me. The newer phones are a lot better both speed and screen click wise. Its a shame people like you and me got punished for buying them on release day
    12-31-08 11:53 AM
    If you plan on exchanging you BB Storm for another Storm, I would wait. You have a one year warranty where you can bring your phone back to Verizon and have them send you a replacment. My best friend is a store manager for verizon and said that all the hardware qwerks are worked out by the third release. (We are currently on the 2nd release) ~~ (3rd product release is most likely to be sometime in Jan '09.
    12-31-08 12:00 PM
    If you plan on exchanging you BB Storm for another Storm, I would wait. You have a one year warranty where you can bring your phone back to Verizon and have them send you a replacment. My best friend is a store manager for verizon and said that all the hardware qwerks are worked out by the third release. (We are currently on the 2nd release) ~~ (3rd product release is most likely to be sometime in Jan '09.
    Never herd of something like that before from a VZW Rep but I see. Ive had mine since Dec 11th and I havent had any issues with it at all. Everything seems to work well and running OS .75 still. I wont update untill its official. I have another storm that was purhased the other day and I got it for a back up (im a gadget freak lol) and that one is the same exact as the original I want. I cant believe so many people are clamining to have these problems. I havent noticed a problem at all and people need to understand why an OS might seem Laggy with Blackberry. Theres leaked ones and the ability to change it so you have to understand why it could have issues once in awhile. Im not to picky lol

Nick
    12-31-08 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD