View Poll Results: Stand up and Represent.

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, There's nothing a SW update won't correct

124 84.93%
  • No, it was a lemon so I did what anyone would have done.

11 7.53%
  • Yes, but I will return it before 30 days lapse.

11 7.53%
  • Smashed it.

0 0%
    I got mine on the 21st too and I am loving it. My end key is loose and the bottom left corner of the screw is virtually unresponsive to clicks.

Just got back from my local Verizon store and they have nothing in stock. So they hooked me up with PDA support and they are sending me a replacement that should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.
    12-06-08 09:57 AM
    I have mine still from launch day. My only complaint is after upgrading to .75 my typing seems to have slowed down. It can not keep up with my fingers now. I thought of trying .76.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 10:01 AM

What is this t6 screws .....where are they, what do I have to do and how does it help???

12-06-08 10:06 AM
    I still have my original unit purchased on 11.21 and there are no major flaws with it. What about you?
    Had mine since day one and have had zero problems. The upgrade to .75 does help my overall experience though. It will get better with time.

12-06-08 10:26 AM
    getting random re-starts a couple times a day. Upgraded to .75 and happy with the improved speed and move from portrait to landscape.

Not sure if the random re-starts is something that will improve with future fixes.

Recommendations? Should I go for a replacement? Overall no clicking issues other than human error ocassionally.
    12-06-08 11:36 AM
    I have the original phone that I bought on launch day. My only real issue was the corner clicking, which seems to have been resolved with the business card shim (although it still freaks me out to have that shim in there, for whatever reason). Everything else seemed to be working fine, especially when I would read here about some of the problems that people were apparently having.

Late last night, I upgraded to .75 OTA without issue. I think the accelerometer transitions are a bit faster, but overall I haven't noticed any other big changes. Of course, I didn't have a lot of complaints in the first place.

I seemed to have missed information on this "screw trick," though. Someone have a thread link? If it's an alternative to the shim, I'd certainly be interested.

Lastly, I really have appreciated this forum. As a new Blackberry user (years of Moto Qs and Treos in my history), my learning curve has been greatly aided by the wisdom here. Many thanks.
    12-06-08 12:13 PM
    Mine has worked perfectly since I got it....except for the battery life. I'll be exchanging that at a store, but the unit itself is perfect IMO.
    12-06-08 12:16 PM
    I have the original and it works fine, it may be a little laggy from time to time but no hardware issues.
    12-06-08 12:26 PM
    had mine since day one and only having intermittent annoying software issues that even with .75 are still there but nothing close to the problems i'm hearing on this site...overall happy with the phone and i'm sure that in time they'll get this software thing right
    12-06-08 12:42 PM
    Mine was great. A little laggy but not terrble. I was lovin it. I had it 1 day.

Woke up this morning and screen will not respond to any touch. Replacement on the way.
    12-06-08 12:49 PM
    had mine since day 1 and no problems except a little lag. OS update resolved that and I love this phone.
    12-06-08 08:36 PM
    I have a launch day unit....

However, my replacement is on its way and should be here tuesday, the click on the screen is stuck...

12-06-08 09:16 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD