My husbands Storm has been acting up. It is far worse than my Storm, so we are considering taking it into Verizon and getting a replacement Storm. How would it work then with the Themes and the few Apps he has purchased since he will have a new PIN? Will he have to repurchase everything?

Michelle
    04-30-09 02:18 PM
    shouldn't have to, best bet is to contact the developer or place of purchase, I had to do the replacement and it was all ok, just make sure he does a full backup on his handset in the DM before swapping phones.

Have you guys considered upgrading to a leaked OS??? If you are still on the verizon .75 release you may want to consider trying one of the leaks, some are so so, but others are pretty solid...

I just upgraded to the .141 release, and am thoroughly impresses, never knew or figured a storm could be faster than my computer!!!
    04-30-09 02:33 PM
    I have been holding out for the Verizon upgrade, although something tells me that it will be less than impressing. I have really wanted to do a leaked upgrade, and actually was close to doing it to DH's phone the other day but chickened out. There are so many versions to choose from I didnt know which one to go with. Maybe I will go over and poke around in the forum again. Any suggestions on which Version? Also if I go with a leaked version, how hard is it to downgrade if a problem did occur and we needed to do a swap with Verizon?
    04-30-09 02:43 PM
    An example of one way to do it is a la crackberry app store. once you purchase an app, it will keep a record of your account. you can login to this account at anytime to upgrade to newer versions of the software as well as change the PIN associated with the apps to allow for re-download. See Screen Shot below:

Last edited by alan8385; 04-30-09 at 02:50 PM.
    04-30-09 02:44 PM
    So far running .141 is very solid on my phone. I like it. To do a downgrade you just do the same as you would with an upgrade. Instead of installing a new os, you just install the installer for .75 then continue through the same steps. I would recommend a leak os upgrade before returning the phone unless you are having hardware problems.
    04-30-09 02:46 PM
    Hey Thanks Alan! I knew about the Crackberry download page, I used it yesterday, but I didnt realize that you could actually change the PIN# there also! Since most things have been purchased thru CB it should be simple.
    04-30-09 02:48 PM
    I really think most of his problems are software related. I suppose we could do a leaked upgrade and if problems persisted it would point to possible hardware issues then. I just looked in the OS forum. OMG...
    04-30-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD