My SIM card is locked and says I need a PUK key. Where is that and what do I need to do. Right now the SIM card is sitting on my desk looking pretty.
    01-27-09 08:55 AM
    i would call your wireless carrier to get it. i dont think its something you would normally have. my daughters phone used to say this and i ended up having to call att to get the code.
    01-27-09 09:00 AM
    Search the forum for UNLOCKING/UNLOCK

There is a thread that tells you to call Verizon Global Support and request an unlock code if you're using it overseas or a GSM network.
    01-27-09 09:52 AM
    call the carrier for the PUK key. i believe if you enter a wrong PUK key 5-10 times it disables your SIM card.

that is what happened to me when i had AT&T! i fried 2 SIMS and had to get new ones from AT&T.

PUK (Pin Unlock/Unblock Key)
    01-27-09 10:12 AM
    thanks im going to italy in the summer and will probably wait till then but this is just typical vzw
    01-27-09 08:24 PM
    My SIM card is locked and says I need a PUK key. Where is that and what do I need to do. Right now the SIM card is sitting on my desk looking pretty.
    What Sim card the Vodafone/Verizon one that you got with the Storm? When do you get that message? When you try to insert the Verizon SIM or another SIM? Did you get that message when you first purchased the phone or was something done to it? If you are trying to get your phone unlocked you need to call Verizon and the International help desk and ask for an ulock code and instructions on getting the phone unlocked. They are very helpful as long as you are polite and explain you will be traveling and need to have the phone ulocked. Also make sure that you have international dialing and roaming activated by them. There are a lot of posts in this forum on getting your phone unlocked. You might want to do a search.
    Last edited by lv1; 01-27-09 at 08:38 PM.
    01-27-09 08:32 PM
    thanks called vz and all is well that is well
    01-30-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD