I have an unlocked storm 9530 that will call, sms and mms under att. I cannot use the browser or the email. I was told it was a proprietary hardware stopping me. Does anyone have any knowledge on this bs.
    02-26-09 03:23 PM
    Browser and email are Blackberry service plans, not part of the phone companies service I believe. Unlocked phones don't mean you get free email and browsing. Does it? The data plan from BB would be added to your regular monthly bill from the provider of your choice. Or I'm completely wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 05:29 PM
    Squeegee, I believe it is something along those lines. OP. I don't know much about unlocked phones, but I did see a post, possibly stickied', about getting all features to work on an unlocked phone. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 05:37 PM
    I have an unlocked storm 9530 that will call, sms and mms under att. I cannot use the browser or the email. I was told it was a proprietary hardware stopping me. Does anyone have any knowledge on this bs.
    Basically you need a BIS account attached to your cell service account, and then you also need the proper service books for the carrier. There's a guide to getting the Storm to work on AT&T in the FAQ subforum.
    02-26-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD