Hey Guys! New to the BB scene and i dont think im ever going to look back. Kinda a learning curve for me comming from a long line of windows mobile phones but ill get there.

Question is weird ill try my best. For my Girlfriends contact i have it set so when she text me it jingles a certain way. Now when i set my phone on vibrate, when she text me, some times it vibrates or sometimes it jingles. When i put it on silent i do not have this problem. I have checked and it is the rules are set to follow the active profile. Maybe i have missed something though. Its annoying cuz my phone cant ring at work, but i like to have a customer alert for her, but i have to leave it on silent all day right now. Any Ideas?

Also, I was wondering the easiest way to send files from Computer To Storm/media Card without taking the media card out. I cant use DM for the life of me, and havent had luck finding the folders with Mass Storage Mode on. Now i am not a complete noob so u dont have to " Dumb it Down" When u explain the fixes. Thanks Crackheads!
    01-01-09 10:47 PM
    mass storage mode is in options >> memory and then there will be a option for puttion mass storage mode on or off
    01-01-09 10:57 PM
    Hey Guys! New to the BB scene and i dont think im ever going to look back. Kinda a learning curve for me comming from a long line of windows mobile phones but ill get there.

Question is weird ill try my best. For my Girlfriends contact i have it set so when she text me it jingles a certain way. Now when i set my phone on vibrate, when she text me, some times it vibrates or sometimes it jingles. When i put it on silent i do not have this problem. I have checked and it is the rules are set to follow the active profile. Maybe i have missed something though. Its annoying cuz my phone cant ring at work, but i like to have a customer alert for her, but i have to leave it on silent all day right now. Any Ideas?

Also, I was wondering the easiest way to send files from Computer To Storm/media Card without taking the media card out. I cant use DM for the life of me, and havent had luck finding the folders with Mass Storage Mode on. Now i am not a complete noob so u dont have to " Dumb it Down" When u explain the fixes. Thanks Crackheads!
    no, your Storm will not have this feature available for default.

You can change the virbation method but the change is global, applying to all contacts.

This is a third party program that I beleive does this but I do not have it.
    Someone else will chime in or I will find it in a bit when my phone is done updating
    01-01-09 11:20 PM
    Well the problem for me is that when i set the profile to vibrate, only when my Girl Text me it still acts like its on loud. Its like the custom alert for her contact overides the active profile
    01-02-09 02:40 PM
    First - are you running anything before .85? Second - if you are - either update to .85 or create a custom profile to make all alerts vibrate (calls, messages, etc...) and use that one instead of vibrate. In the earler OS versions - this was a bug.
    01-02-09 02:43 PM
    Yes i am using the latest official release, was thinking of going .85 tonight, this will fix that issue for me going to .85?
    01-02-09 04:46 PM
    Well the problem for me is that when i set the profile to vibrate, only when my Girl Text me it still acts like its on loud. Its like the custom alert for her contact overides the active profile
    do you have the allow important calls box checked? do you have her as a higher priority or something?
    01-03-09 08:51 PM
    If you are running .75 the "vibrate only" option will not work... your phone will still ring. This is a known bug. Upgrade to .86 and the problem is fixed.
    01-23-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD