I did a search and did not find what I was looking for. I went from a Pearl of 1 year to a Storm a couple of weeks ago, and other than more memory and a bigger screen, it feels like a big downgrade. Texting is slower and I make a lot more mistakes with the Storm's full keyboard than my Pearl's suretype. The browser seems quite a bit slower too. Not sure why that would be since the Storm should have a faster processor and has more memory. I haven't printed any of my pics out yet, but I bet the Storm takes pretty decent pictures for a cell phone. I want to like the Storm, especially since I bought it without a contract but there is one thing that I can not figure out that is driving me batty and could be the main reason for not keeping this phone: Profile Exceptions. With the Pearl, I could select the Silent Profile and then add an Exception for my wife's phone number and the boss's phone number so that my phone would still vibrate or whatever I wanted it to do. That way, nothing else would interrupt my sleep; only the important calls. I do not see anyway to do that with the Storm. Am I just missing something? Is there a 3rd party app that will do what I want? Any help would be appreciated.

Omahahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:27 PM
    U shd get option from verizon to upgrade to OS .148 soon. Icon will appear on home screen.

Think sound profiles work differently on .148!
    05-31-09 09:54 PM
    Hmmmm.... I've been on the leaked .148 for 7 days and don't see a way. Anyone confirm this?

05-31-09 10:00 PM
    Assumed (wrongly) u were on .75. U might check in Storm OS forum.
    05-31-09 10:08 PM
    I did a search and did not find what I was looking for. I went from a Pearl of 1 year to a Storm a couple of weeks ago, and other than more memory and a bigger screen, it feels like a big downgrade. Texting is slower and I make a lot more mistakes with the Storm's full keyboard than my Pearl's suretype. The browser seems quite a bit slower too. Not sure why that would be since the Storm should have a faster processor and has more memory. I haven't printed any of my pics out yet, but I bet the Storm takes pretty decent pictures for a cell phone. I want to like the Storm, especially since I bought it without a contract but there is one thing that I can not figure out that is driving me batty and could be the main reason for not keeping this phone: Profile Exceptions. With the Pearl, I could select the Silent Profile and then add an Exception for my wife's phone number and the boss's phone number so that my phone would still vibrate or whatever I wanted it to do. That way, nothing else would interrupt my sleep; only the important calls. I do not see anyway to do that with the Storm. Am I just missing something? Is there a 3rd party app that will do what I want? Any help would be appreciated.

Omahahaha

I found your answer... please go to this thread-- Bypass silent profile for 1 contact-- and read post #8.
    05-31-09 11:12 PM
    I found your answer... please go to this thread-- Bypass silent profile for 1 contact-- and read post #8.
    Thank you! I will check it in the morning since everyone in my house is sleeping now.
    06-01-09 01:44 AM
    Thank you for the tip, however, following those steps only make it ring, there is no vibrate. And, It worked for one contact but not another. And, if I had like 10 important people in my contacts and each one had a custom ring so I could still be alerted when in silent mode, I would have to go into each one of them to really make them silent if I wanted to set the phone like that. Does anyone know how to manage the Storm like the other BB's in regards to Sound Profiles?

06-11-09 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD