I had a storm but it was restarting alot and just giving me issues even after the .75 update so I requested a replacement. I notice the click of the screen is much better, even at the corners. But I dont know if I'm just not seeing color right or if it the phone. But I feel like the new replacement phone doesnt show the color like the old one. I feel the colors are little bit less rich and the blacks of a hue of gray in them. Has anyone that requested a replacement had this problem?
    12-14-08 08:53 PM
    yes i had the same problems with the screen as you so i got a replacement and guess what the screen works great but the color went to crap. So now i am trying to get another one to see if blackberry did this to make the processor more effieciant. I guess you cant have the black and the berry at the same time. i though would try to get another one to see for sure.

update 12/17/08 i called blackberry on this and they took in the info but they new nothing of the sort. so i went around town to the vzw stores and compaired my new storm with diminished color and theres were the same. but I found one person who had the original released storm like i did with the screen click problem, the others' screens clicked fine, and hers was with the better color so i decided to keep the new and get used to it since it seems that most of the storms out there have the newly diminished colors which means less feed back to blackberry people just dont know the difference (probably wont improve anytime soon). This i think supports my theory on the processor being made to run more efficient. I do have to say this although it still has some hangups mostly on low battery, (expected), it runs faster all around plus i am actualy starting to get used to it!
    Last edited by sgriswold1; 12-17-08 at 09:42 AM.
    12-15-08 08:54 PM
    my replacement is blue in the dialpad and yellow where its supposed to be white. im so dissapointed.
    12-19-08 12:31 AM
    hey guys, i would post this in the other thread but itll work here to as god only knows how far back that one is lol, but i just got my mexican replacement today and check this out, that other fella that posted about the yellowish tint was right. i cant remember which one he said had what but i do know for sure that the canadian made one had a yellowish tint to the icons and what not. i even asked my wife to look to make sure i wasnt just seeing things because it was a new phone and even she agreed that the color was different. to be honest i cant see much of a difference other than though but if i had to pick the better one id say it was the mexican one. the icons to me just look cleaner.
    12-19-08 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD