I've had three calls with the Storm where the other person cant hear me, then I move and they can hear me again..anyone else have this problem? Would it have something to do with the Silicon case?
    11-24-08 02:14 PM
    My father had this problem on his storm, he brought it into verizon and they re installed the os and now his phone is working flawlessly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 03:09 PM
    I had this problem today myself. I tried doing things while I was on hold like trying to open the browser and switching applications then when the guy got to me to talk he hung up thinking I wasn't there because he couldn't hear me. Once the call was ended and I called back I was able to be heard though. Don't know what happened.
    11-24-08 03:16 PM
    make sure your not accidentally hitting the mute button when ur talking..
    11-24-08 03:19 PM
    I've had people tell me it sounds like I'm cutting "in and out" or "mumbled" a few times.

No idea why!
    11-24-08 03:21 PM
    Your cheeks are pressing Mute and clicking the screen. It's been discussed as a major issue.
    11-24-08 03:29 PM
    I am having the exact same prob. People tell me I sound muffled bug if I move just a little they can hear me again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 03:52 PM
    So then whats the theory behind it? Hitting the mute button? Crappy OS got uploaded?
    11-24-08 04:15 PM
    make sure your not accidentally hitting the mute button when ur talking..
    This is what's happened to me a few times. The one good thing is that there is an audible chime that sounds when you hit the button accidentally. I've already learned the sound so I know when I do it.

Time for me to lay off the fries and start eating more veggies.
    11-24-08 04:17 PM
    It just happened to me AGAIN while I was on the phone with Amex...Jesus Christ they better fix this ****..and its NOT the mute button...could the phone be thinking that its being tilted and the accelerometer kicking in?
    11-25-08 01:14 PM
    Same here. I other person on the line sounds "muffled". They can hear me fine though.
    11-25-08 01:23 PM
    Alright..I just spoke with Verizon and they recommended the following steps:

1.) Do a battery pull with the power on

2.) reinsert the battery

3.) Dial *228 and press 1 to reprogram the phone

The theory is that since I got the phone on the first day and since the systems were down/slow as ****, they figured that something didn't get downloaded right..

Try it if this is going on for you
    11-25-08 01:32 PM
    Alright..I just spoke with Verizon and they recommended the following steps:

1.) Do a battery pull with the power on

2.) reinsert the battery

3.) Dial *228 and press 1 to reprogram the phone
    I don't think I have ever had a problem that Verizon has not tried to fix that way. It is their cure all. But hey if it works great!
    11-25-08 04:13 PM
    I'm having the opposite problem... if I use voice activated dialing on certain contacts then I can't hear... they hear me but I hear nothing. I have to do a batt pull to "fix". Any ideas on this one???
    11-25-08 05:02 PM
    I'm having the opposite problem... if I use voice activated dialing on certain contacts then I can't hear... they hear me but I hear nothing. I have to do a batt pull to "fix". Any ideas on this one???
    This is a known bug. When on the call hit the menu button and select "activate handset" or "activate speaker phone." It is suppoesed to be addressed in the OS update.
    11-26-08 05:36 PM
    Has anyone experienced the problem since reactivating using *228?
    11-26-08 06:15 PM
    A lot of people used to complain about this on the Blackberry Curve, turned out they were resting their phone on their pinky finger which was covering up the pin hole mic at the bottom of the phone. Make sure you're not covering the mic at the bottom of the phone.
    11-26-08 08:42 PM
    Dammit, this just happened to me too. And I did a *228 followed by a reset this morning.

Call comes in; phone is in landscape. I click on green call button to answer (and phone rotates to portrait).

I can hear my friend, but she can't hear me well. She says I sound very muted and garbled. After about 20 seconds of back and forth "hello?" she can hear me loud and clear.
    11-27-08 04:24 PM
    this is going on with my phone as well. has anyone had success with reactivating with *228?
    11-27-08 04:27 PM
    I just can't imagine some of you are having so many problems...I don't understand... why I'm not experiencing any of these bugs...isn't that weird...QC? Qualcomm
    Last edited by nobodeuno; 11-27-08 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    11-27-08 04:31 PM
    I just can't imagine some of you are having so many problems...I don't understand... why I'm not experiencing any of these bugs...isn't that weird...QC? Qualcomm
    I've had my Storm since the 22nd, and this is the first time it's happened (and I hope it the only time). The only difference I can think of is this is the first time the phone was in landscape when I answered. All previous times have been portrait. perhaps?
    11-27-08 04:39 PM
    Since I did the reset I have had about five calls and haven't had a problem yet..
    11-28-08 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD